Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2012, 03:31 PM

No paint stores...we just mix mud and grass
Old 06-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Gold member
Default garage floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMLRHT1 View Post
I have reviewed the info under contractors and there is not much listed. I know there are people out there who put epoxy garage floor coatings down but I can't find any. Can all of you great people help me out with names of companies or individuals who do this? I want a really good epoxy that will last more than a couple of years and I am willing to pay for a high quality epoxy coating because I only want to do this once. Thanks all for your help.
Artistacrete did mine. It is excellent and nothing mars the finish. I wish I had the work done years ago.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Veteran member

The painted surface will get slick when wet. Our garage floor was painted by the previous owner so I can't tell you who did it. But apparently they mixed some sand into the finish coat to put a roughness on the the surface. It works, no slipping as compared to a neighbor's which is smooth and dangerous when wet.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Gold member

I have a dumb question. My parents once owned a house in Michigan that had a fantastic garage floor. You could clean it with a garden hose. The previous owner's ex-son-in-law was part of a racing team and we were told it was the type of flooring racing teams use. Mom and I have tried to figure out what type of floor it was for years! We even asked the previous owner. Could it be an epoxy floor? The flooring was smooth, dark green but it didn't have any specks in it. Its not the speckled flooring. My aunt has the speckled flooring in her garage and it has peeled and had to to be redone a few times.

I'm really curious because I would love to put that flooring in my new TV home.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Sage
Default Great job by Tim The Tool Man

Tim The Tool Man did ours last week. Great job! Highly recommend him.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Tickled_pink
Default Tim Miller

Another vote for Tim the Tool Man. Very pleased with his work. He is licensed & insured and gives free estimates. 352-217-0561
Old 06-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Veteran member

I highly recommend Superior Concrete Design. Woody is absolutely fabulous, meticulous, honest. We just can't say enough about him. Feel free to PM me and you can see his work for yourself in my garage. Woody's number is 352-454-4002.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Gold member

I called Tim Miller for an estimate, that was, let's see, a little better than 2 years ago and I'm still waiting for a response. After the 2nd attempt to contact him gave me the same results I hired Cost Less.
They did a decent job but they pretty much show up when they want, regardless of the agreed upon time. Still, over 2 years later I still have no complaint about their work, just their inability to read a calendar or tell time. The price was excellent though.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Gold member

Also recommend Superior Concrete Design by Woody. I wanted the clear top coat to also be two-part epoxy (instead of acrylic). I couldn't find anyone else who does that. The finished product looks gorgeous, and should outlast any of the other finishes.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
Also recommend Superior Concrete Design by Woody. I wanted the clear top coat to also be two-part epoxy (instead of acrylic). I couldn't find anyone else who does that. The finished product looks gorgeous, and should outlast any of the other finishes.
Woody just finished our lanai, driveway and garage and I couldn't be happier. He really had to battle all the rain lately but he took his time and waited out the weather to insure a good job. Can't afford any slippage as I have hip replacements and I've had no problem. Based on our latest weather I've had plenty of chances to try the slippage factor out
Skip 2
Old 06-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Veteran member
Default Please explain

I don't understand. What is the reason your are painting your garage floor? What is epoxy? It is just a garage isn't it.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
Does anyone know if a painted drive or garage makes it slippier when wet. I got out of the car on a drive that was painted and seemed to slip a bit.
Lots of questions about slippage. I did my garage floor in Ohio about six years ago. After the paint has cured, you then put on a coat of clear epoxy in which you mix some fine silica sand. You then have a transparent coating with a grit to it and it greatly reduces the slipperyness. this coat should be done redone every two years in high traffic areas because it will wear off. Recoat it less frequently if there isn't much traffic.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Sage

There is also a non slip top coat made, that has no sand or grit.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
I don't understand. What is the reason your are painting your garage floor? What is epoxy? It is just a garage isn't it.
Being from NJ I also wondered why people were painting these areas. Then I started to see many of the driveways painted and really enjoyed the beauty aspect that it created. We matched our painted lanai design with our kitchen tile layout and had the garage floor done with an epoxy finish with flecks in it. We also had the driveway and walkway painted and flecked adding striping to outline and a compass in the middle. We are very pleased with the outcome. So I guess we must have sipped the nectar.
Skip 2
Old 09-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Sage

Call Steve Kling of Kling Painting. He did a fabulous job on our garage floor.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.