FINALLY found a negative about TV -AT&T Cellular Reception

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2011, 11:06 AM

Actually, I have found Verizon to be weakest in and around Colony Plaza for whatever reason. Signal is almost non existent inside Publix if you need to call home to check on some shopping item. Otherwise, no problem in and around the rest of TV.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:45 AM

We have ATT and are in the far corner of Hadley. Reception has been horrible. We are seasonal and do not change carriers as our reception is great at our other home in Ohio. I figure when south of 446A gets built out ATT will address the issue.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Gold member
Default Cell Phone Towers

Take a look at the cell phone towers in Hawaii. You rarely notice that they are cell phone towers as they blend in with the other palm trees. May be a great idea for TV in areas where a normal tower would be an eye sore.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/808talk/2443949639/

May need to copy and paste the link into your browser.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Gold member
Default Cell Phone Towers

Forgot to mention that the whole palm tree is metal and plastic. It is not a real palm with antennas attached.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
Forgot to mention that the whole palm tree is metal and plastic. It is not a real palm with antennas attached.
Yes......and they have the same thing in Calif. You'd never know they are cell towers. I AM in the process of contacting AT&T as we speak. Anyone else out there????
Old 06-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

I just finished speaking to AT&T. They say I have been a "valued customer since 1998" and they don't want to lose me...blah, blah, blah. I told them I would be closing on my home on 8/31 of this year and I would like new cell towers in by that time. Sometimes one has to be a "little" forceful. She says two new cell towers should be in place on 8/30.........one day before my closing! How 'bout that? I'll believe it when I see it.....or hear it.

Since I have been such a long-standing customer, I do have a phenomenal plan that I don't want to lose as I'm grandfathered in.

The location of the new cell towers will be in the 32162 zip code area. She said one will be on County Hwy. 25 and another in Lake Ella Road. I am a newbie and have NO idea where they are. Later I'll look on my map.

She did fill out a "Network Ticket" to get things speeded up. I did ask her if the number I dialed could be used by anyone in the country. She said yes. I'd implore anyone with AT&T to call and ask to fill out a "Network Ticket" to get the new towers.....the sooner, the better.
Thank you.
The numbers to call:
1-800-331-0500 or 611 from your AT&T cell phone.
Deaf or Hard of hearing customers: 1-866-241-6567

Oh........I just received a text from AT&T: "Thank you for reporting your issue. This will be extremely valuable as we continue to enhance our network and improve your experience."

Sometimes the squeaky wheel............
Old 06-16-2011, 01:11 PM

We live in Bonita which is just off 466A and Canal St. I have AT&T on my cell phone and in the last four and half years we have lived here, I have never had an issue with my AT&T phone. My wife just got a I PAD 2 and it uses AT&T cellular for the 3G connection. We have found when she uses the I PAD 2 in the car she gets adequate connection except when we come off Canal St. onto 466A and head west to Wildwood. It only comes back after we pass Buena Vista near the county annex. Then it comes in very strong the closer we get to the cellular tower in Wildwood. It appears there is a dead spot along 466A. I get a strong enough signal in most of the other areas in The Villages.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
I just finished speaking to AT&T. They say I have been a "valued customer since 1998" and they don't want to lose me...blah, blah, blah. I told them I would be closing on my home on 8/31 of this year and I would like new cell towers in by that time. Sometimes one has to be a "little" forceful. She says two new cell towers should be in place on 8/30.........one day before my closing! How 'bout that? I'll believe it when I see it.....or hear it.

Since I have been such a long-standing customer, I do have a phenomenal plan that I don't want to lose as I'm grandfathered in.

The location of the new cell towers will be in the 32162 zip code area. She said one will be on County Hwy. 25 and another in Lake Ella Road. I am a newbie and have NO idea where they are. Later I'll look on my map.

She did fill out a "Network Ticket" to get things speeded up. I did ask her if the number I dialed could be used by anyone in the country. She said yes. I'd implore anyone with AT&T to call and ask to fill out a "Network Ticket" to get the new towers.....the sooner, the better.
Thank you.
The numbers to call:
1-800-331-0500 or 611 from your AT&T cell phone.
Deaf or Hard of hearing customers: 1-866-241-6567

Oh........I just received a text from AT&T: "Thank you for reporting your issue. This will be extremely valuable as we continue to enhance our network and improve your experience."

Sometimes the squeaky wheel............
Good for you for being pro-active.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:51 PM

My Att cell service dropped so many calls I did the same thing and called them. They told me a new antenna was going to be turned on the beginning of june and another the beginning of august. I too was told they were going to do a "report", that was in may.

I called again june 8th and was told "I see no new antennas were set to be turned on in june"

They also had me go thru my phone and they tested my phone, nothing helped, untill I switched to verizon, and I havent had a dropped call yet and talk where ever I want. Problem solved.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
Location, location, location. I have never had a problem with AT&T reception but a lot depends on where one is within The Villages. Choose a service that works in your location.
Seems right to me. We don't have a problem with AT&T cell reception. Our home is on the north side.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
they do have some kind of a booster thing that goes thru your Internet to give better coverage but it is $200 to buy one...bottom line, if you can hang in there, help is on the way...
We have AT&T too, Hubby for 2 years me for 1. We live in Duval and i had NOTHING but trouble with Sprint before I changed. Friends have trouble with verizon and others. Part of the problems in housing in Duval is the metal studs in the homes, for Hurricane standards, so I am told by contractors. We have had good service form AT&T in Duval and the rest of The Villages since changing, I get good service in rec centers and restaurants too. I got occassional dropped calls in the house.

Last month we installed the AT&T Microcell and it has dropped our dropped calls to maybe one or two a week. We paid about $100 and it also boosts our internet wifi strength too. It was the best money we spent in a while.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Default ATT Service in Belvedere?

I will be renting a house in Belvedere near Churchill Downs for a working vacation next month. What kind of cell service should I expect on my ATT iphone?

Thanks.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.