Floor Masters. Can't believe what this contractor said!

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2015, 05:07 PM
Default Floor Masters. Can't believe what this contractor said!

We had our guest room floor tiled. There was a long list of problems with the installation. So much so that another company has come in to remove and replace it. Floor Masters best response and only explanation why his workers dudes J a terrible job was "you know we are in The Villages. These people want the cheapest way possible".That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited by Railcruiser; 12-16-2015 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:53 AM
Platinum member
Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railcruiser View Post
We had our guest room floor tiled. There was a long list of problems with the installation. So much so that another company has come in to remove and replace it. Floor Masters best response and only explanation why his workers dudes J a terrible job was "you know we are in The Villages. These people want the cheapest way possible".That's just the tip of the iceberg.
That sure opens a can of worms. I want good work at a fair price, not the cheapest. Hopefully yountook pictures of the bad work and the replacement work.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:10 PM

Did both thanks. I have a feeling this isn't over yet
Old 12-17-2015, 02:15 PM

Sorry for your trouble.

We had Floormasters tile our bedrooms with wood-look ceramic. One room was fine, the other they failed to locate the middle of the room and balance the tiles. They were nearly done when we realized they would be left with a 2" snip of tile in the doorway. That is not the right way to finish the job.

We called the store, and the manager inspected the job. He told them to pull it all out and do it right. They did, and we are satisfied.

For what it is worth, I didn't consider the cost of the work to be 'cheap'.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:08 PM
Sage

Never go with low bid-go with someone in the middle. Also never give final payment util you're 100% satisfied. AND NEVER PAY ANY $$$$ UP FRONT !!!!!
Old 12-17-2015, 06:07 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

I inspected a 10 month old home this week that had nine issues with the tile floor...some of them safety issues. For the record, it was not done by the company mentioned in this thread, but another well known tile installer in The Villages.

Hopefully the issues will be dealt with and resolved.

Common issues I find on a regular basis are grout haze, excess grout/mortar on the face of the tile, cracked tile, cracked grout, excess Lippage, holes in the grout, bubbles/holes in the tile, chips, gray mortar showing above the grout, etc......

Frank
Old 12-18-2015, 08:41 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Let Floor Masters know you are putting this on TOTV and will get a lot of bad press
Old 12-18-2015, 06:53 PM

We have been fighting with Floormasters for over two months now. We call them for a resolution . Someone will come out to the house if we let it go we don't hear from them at all until we call again to have the situation resolved. The same thing has happened several times. We have hired another company to fix the floor but don't want to do it without the final bill signed from floormasters saying we don't owe them anymore money. They have never The final bill and they have never given us anything saying that our contract is over with them.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:27 PM
Veteran member
Default We used East Coast

We just had East Coast Flooring in Ocala do all 3 bedrooms with a high grade laminate that looks like distressed wood. Excellent work. Not one thing wrong can we find. All molding removed, sanded, painted and reinstalled. All 3 men introduced themselves as they arrived and shook our hands. I did not think such good work still existed in today's world. Could not be happier.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderTile&Marble View Post
Sorry for all your problems .. I think this is due to using such a large company . You never know what installer there going to use. .
From our experience with both large and small flooring companies, the small ones hire subcontractors, too, and they too can send somebody who's hungover or just doesn't care.

One of the best installers we've ever had came for Lowes. He has his own business and likes the way they pay/treat him.
Old 12-22-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
We just had East Coast Flooring in Ocala do all 3 bedrooms with a high grade laminate that looks like distressed wood. Excellent work. Not one thing wrong can we find. All molding removed, sanded, painted and reinstalled. All 3 men introduced themselves as they arrived and shook our hands. I did not think such good work still existed in today's world. Could not be happier.
Another vote for East Coast Flooring, on time, great product, excellent work!
Old 12-22-2015, 08:16 AM

Anyone with past bad experience with contractors or from a contractors know the best way to deal with this? It's really just too much money to let go. You know how cheap we villagers
Closed Thread

Tags
floor, masters, dudes, explanation, response, terrible, workers, cheapest, iceberg, tip, people, villages, job, guest, room, tiled, contractor, long, company, remove, list, problems, installation, replace

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.