Frank Gay Services

Old 03-14-2024, 09:15 PM
Default Frank Gay Services

My regular plumber couldn't service me and he recommended a couple other plumbers to call. He suggested that Frank Gay was not a good choice.

Old 03-15-2024, 01:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Frank Gay Services Does Not Provide a Service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchimienti View Post
Beware! Prices are very high.
This is a review I wrote on Yelp two years ago. Nothing has changed with Frank Gay since then.

We called Kiley plumbing which has become part of Frank Gay Plumbing because we had a leak in the wall of our garage. Their technician said we had to call Sleuth so they could determine exactly where the leak was coming from. So, $350 later, (for 5 minutes of "work?"), he marked where he said the leak was. How come I already knew where it was and the Frank Gay guy didn't??? Okay. So another Frank Gay plumber comes out. After too much verbiage this man told us we needed the entire house replumbed to the tune of ONLY $11,555 (WHAT???) and that figure did not even include a new hot water heater! I told him that would not happen in my lifetime. He also tried to sell us an annual plumbing service contract. Then he said (without any embarrassment) that he had 30 years of plumbing experience under his belt and was not going to fix the leak because he could not guarantee the work. Another WHAT???

The following day the Frank Gay Company called to ask if we had any questions and when would we like them to begin the work of replumbing the house. Yeah, right!

To make a long story shorter (because there is much more than what I've written), we ended up calling a qualified man who worked for himself and has his own plumbing business. He repaired the leak quickly and all is fine.

If anyone needs a plumber, do NOT call Frank Gay under any circumstances. They are bad news and not honorable.

Old 03-15-2024, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

"Have you noticed that they are not as reasonable as they used to be? One poster paid them $250 to have a water heater drained and flushed."

Dunno about that. But everyone who posts here does so from their own experience. Mine, with Village Plumber, over four calls, has been positive. Cases in point:

I paid $80 LESS for a new gas hot water heater, installed, than the advertised "special" price for the same service and item advertised here by another vendor.

I got an estimate for a special (according to my wife) kitchen sink, faucet and disposal. Estimate was free and overall price was reasonable. Work was was done the next week on the day stated with no problem. A subsequent problem with the faucet was handled promptly, parts and labor free.

I can't answer for other people, but we were treated well by Village Plumber and would certainly not hesitate to call them again.

Old Yesterday, 12:42 PM

I used Frank Gay for fairly straight forward work (replace two faucets, fix a "will not stop running toilet" and add a new shutoff for a refrigerator water line). Upon arriving, the plumber gave me a song and dance about how difficult the plumbing is in Villages homes. After the fact, I had another plumber in for another project who was quite reasonable (from Friendly Home Services in Summerfield). I believed him when he said I paid almost 3 times what I should have paid and I was mislead by the Frank Gay plumber. The worst part is that the Frank Gay plumber needed to come back to to fix all three new faucets he installed. And the toilet fix only lasted about 90 days and I now need to call another plumber; I will use Friendly again (Friendly does other work too - we used them to put in a new backsplash, install medicine cabinets and install new bedroom doors).

Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Up charge experts.
Amen. We had them for a quote to add a generator switch and an extra outlet in our master bath. We paid a service charge ($90?) for the quote.

The "quote" for the single outlet in the bath was over $700? We had another company come in and install the generator switch and the bathroom outlet for much less (1/4?) then the FG estimate.

I complained to them since the estimate was so out of reality, I felt the estimator was tired and did not want the job, and they refunded the estimate.

Funny commercials...not so funny estimates...

Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
Those annoying commercials - I turn the radio station every time they come on (nails on the chalkboard).
Second place behind Davis Family Hearing.

Tags
frank, gay, services, beware, prices

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.