Furniture Country of Leesberg files Chapter 11

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2008, 04:38 PM

If we could keep these two threads together it might be easier to pass information.

The name of the store is Furniture Country Galleries, although most just call it Furniture Country.

Thanks
Old 12-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Administrator

I merged the two Furniture Country threads into this one
Old 12-31-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbalarry View Post
Well they filed Chapter 11 as my furniture sits in there warehouse.

They have held it in storage for a few months till my return to TV.

I had setup a delivery for this Wednesday to find out they filed on 12/19/08.

Right now I am looking to find what courthouse they filed in so I can go

during the case and try to see the judge. All items are paid in full months ago

so I hope I didn't get screwed. If anyone has any info where I can go find

any info like were to go it will sure help.
We ordered furniture from Furniture Country in July and August (quite a bit of furniture to be exact). The furniture they delivered had a streak on the wood (they sent someone out to our home to fix that), scratches in the glass on the china closet, a cabinet containing a wine rack that had scratches on top of the cabinet, a bedroom mirror that has an "X" on it that doesn't come off, a Lazy Boy loveseat has an opening at the seat and again at the top where the two seats come together. That was supposed to be reordered, I wonder if that ever was. We're still waiting for delivery of 2 lamps tables in the living room, a coffee table, and two lamp tables in the bedroom, a bed frame and headboard, and a LazyBoy sofa couch in the den. I kept calling them to see why it was taking so long to deliver the furniture. Got the same standard excuses. We're in PA right now, expected back in the Villages in Jan. This is so disappointing and we have put down money on things we're still waiting for (well over $2,000). None of our order ever came in a complete shipment. Please keep us posted about your furniture delivery and the shape it came in. And what will happen to our deposit??? I'm afraid we're going to lose it and also not have problems I stated taken care of.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:32 PM

Tony - Thanks.

Happy New Year to all here in The Villages and all those who want to be here.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Platinum member

Wow! We'd purchased a dining room table and bedroom suite from them and are looking at entertainment units. Glad we held off. Bubbalarry and others we sure hope things are made right for you. What a shame.

F16

Last edited by F16 1UB; 01-01-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:14 PM

Thanks to all including Kathie and Nonie for their kindness. I am providing to all the name of the Attorney and lawfirm handling the bankruptcy.

As mentioned I was asked to call them after this Friday for follow up info.

No furniture has been delivered and may never get here.

My wife and I intend on following this companies activities. They claim a sale
is coming. I am waiting for that.

HERE'S THE INFO:

BANKRUPTCY CASE

CASE # 08-12173

LL SWOR, INC.
DBA AS FURNITURE COUNTRY GALERIES,INC.

R.SCOTT SHUKER

407-481-5800

PO BOX 3353
ORLANDO, FL. 32802

LATHAM,SHUKER,EDEN, AND BEAUDINE, LLP
Old 01-12-2009, 08:40 AM

Does anyone have any updates on the Furniture Country Galleries situation? Thanks
Old 01-12-2009, 06:17 PM

Country Furniture Galleries is no more. A Liquidation company has taken over the remaining store assets/showroom furniture and sooner or later will hold a sale. What I think is so terrible, is that they were still taking customer's orders/money when they were fully aware that they were going belly-up.
Do not expect a call from them even though they say they will be in touch with customers who had orders in house. Don't expect to get a call back from the legal firm handling the bankruptcy case either. If you paid cash for your furniture but haven't received it, you probably won't, nor will you be refunded. If you paid by credit card, call them and have them send you a dispute form. There's a good chance you'll get reimbursed through your credit card company. There's a lesson to be learned here.
I got the above information from the manager of a furniture store just down the road from Country Furniture Galleries.
Good luck to all who put their trust in these &%)#@" people!!
Old 01-17-2009, 06:57 PM

Peazoup I sent you a PM.

For those who aren't aware Furn Country galleries are selling/closeout sale at Wildwood.

I was able today to get my furniture with a little hassle, but its now in my possession.

Directions: Go down Rt 301 into Wildwood and at the Sunoco gas station turn left and go about 1+ miles look for warehouse on right.

They are opening up again tomorrow at 12 noon. Good Luck.

My wife and I really got lucky today when I decided to go to IHOP instead of
Mom-Pops restaurant in Belleview. We saw all these signs on 466 and followed them till we saw the devil who held my furniture hostage since Xmas and made our house here in TV a miserable one for the past 3 weeks.

Man is it a happy one now.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Dancing Thyme

Bubba & Dee,
Congratulations!!
We're so happy for you!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Administrator

That furniture is going to be twice as comfortable to you now.

Way to go.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:34 AM

We also ordered furniture from this store way back in September, we kept calling to find out about what was taking so long and they always said it would be here in a few weeks, the manufacturer was having problems. The middle of December we received two pieces of our order, but the rest of our set was not delivered. Just before Christmas we called to check on the rest of our order and SURPRISE, we heard the recorded message saying they were no longer in business.

I had called the attorney, just got a voicemail, never a reply. Also called the credit card company (Broyhill), they sent us a form to dispute the amount we owe, we filled it out and returned the form, but have not received a reply to date.

Guess my husband and I may be taking a drive down to Wildwood this afternoon. Wish us luck!
Portsmouth, Virginia
Hamilton, Ohio
Newport, Rhode Island
Millington,Tennessee
Jacksonville, Florida
Norfolk, Virginia
Aberdeen, New Jersey
Winter Garden, Florida
Winter Haven, Florida
Davenport, Florida
The Villages
Old 01-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Dancing Thyme

Update: We went to the warehouse sale at Furn Country Galleries today in Wildwood. Much of the furniture has been picked over but they continually bring out new items onto the floor for sale. The prices are great. I bought an upholstered bench for $88... I'm excited. The manager of the Leesburg store was there and told me that they would be holding a sale in the Leesburg store in about 10 days to 2 weeks as soon as they reconcile all the outstanding orders that haven't been fulfilled yet. So, we're waiting to see what else they have in Leesburg. Too bad, they had beautiful furniture.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-26-2009, 09:04 PM

I am sick, I asked that when they bring out that piece or like it to contact us so we can come by and grab it. As usual they lied. Kathie1 give me back my piece.

Only kidding. What color ws the upholstery?

Anyone who has money and is waiting for stuff has to go down and check out to see if there pieces are in the warehouse.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:02 AM

My husband and I ordered a dining room table, four chairs, a sofa and loveseat back at the end of October. We paid $1300, or half of the cost when we placed the order. At that time, I was told that it would probably arrive just before Christmas.

I called twice, once at the beginning of Dec, then again in the middle and both times spoke to the office gal who answers the phone, at no time did she mention a bankruptcy, or the fact that my order was not going to be fulfilled. Basically when it comes down to it, she lied to me when she said all orders were taking 10 to 12 weeks to fulfill and for me that would mean the middle of Jan.

When I heard of the bankruptcy, my husband and I went to the warehouse and spoke to a gentleman there who assured us they would be still be fulfilling outstanding orders through this other company, Promotions something or other.... and informed of us the warehouse sale starting the next day.

We went back to the warehouse during the sale and spoke to a lady from this company; she pulled our file and told us a letter had been sent out with a form we needed to complete with our order information. I still do not understand why this needed to be done, as when she pulled my file she had all the information right there in front of her.

But true to her word, I did receive a letter and form in the mail, which I completed and sent back registered mail with a return receipt. I got the return receipt back yesterday, so at least I know I fulfilled my end of the deal thus far.

So now, I guess I just sit back and wait.

I did also recieve in the mail, a letter from the attorney handling the case, inviting us to join a meeting of creditors yesterday morning, but we were unable to attend. The letter also stated that we had until April 27th (I think) to file a claim to get our money returned.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.