Furniture Country of Leesberg files Chapter 11

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Exclamation Furniture on Order

I too have furniture already paid for but not delivered. They had a liquidation sale at their warehouse over on 44. I'm not sure if it is still going on but I went and spoke to Chris who assured me that the furniture would be delivered as they are working with another company to fulfill orders etc. I am taking him at his word as he seems sincere. Hope I am right.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:15 PM

We contacted our credit card company and have done charge backs with them for the damaged furniture they delivered to us (3 pieces) and for other items not delivered that down payments were made on. We are furnishing an empty house. Orders were placed for furniture with Furniture Country in July & August with promises for trips, cruises & mileage refunds (which we never will see!) I find it hard to trust this company anymore since they have been lying to us for some time. Also, another kicker: they want cash or a certified check delivered to them the day before delivery before any furniture will be delivered to you for open orders. What if you have damaged furniture that you discover after the furniture truck leaves your premises? I have a Lazy Boy loveseat that has gaps in the seat area and also where the top of the chairs join. We were promised a replacement for that. The only recourse for this is to hire a certified Lazy Boy tech thru White Furniture Co. and pay $75.00 for them to come out & look at it and an additional fee for fixing it (~$150). I will keep you posted. Good Luck to All of You who are dealing with this mess!
Old 02-20-2009, 03:28 PM

Here is a postscript to my saga. After two months, my credit card company contacted me and has credited my account for the $1100 that was a down payment for furniture paid to Country Furniture Galleries. If anyone has gone that route, it does take about 2 months.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default We were there this past Saturday. They have been having their

clearance sale now for a month and the place is full of furniture. One would expect to see space starting to show up from the "clearance" sale.

Myself, I think it is their new mode of operating. Almost every city has a furniture, appliance or carpet that has been going out of business for the last 20 years.....Furniture Company, I think, is now one of those.

BTK
Old 02-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We went there today and were astonished to see such outrageous prices. If they are trying to liquidate, they are making quite a profit in my opinion. I have furniture shopped for the last six months since we bought our new home in Hadley and I have a fair idea of what a reasonable price is for most items. My husband and I thought their prices were ridiculously high, even with the discount. The accessories were WAY over priced too in our view.

I think that someone is making money on this chapter 11.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Veteran member
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
clearance sale now for a month and the place is full of furniture. One would expect to see space starting to show up from the "clearance" sale.

Myself, I think it is their new mode of operating. Almost every city has a furniture, appliance or carpet that has been going out of business for the last 20 years.....Furniture Company, I think, is now one of those.

BTK
In New York we actually call them "The Going Out of Business Stores". They usually sell cameras, electronics, imported art, furniture, rugs ete., etc.
Prices usually higher than retail!
Do not get good marks from the BBB.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:06 AM

I got a dining room set for over 50% off in Furniture Country in Leesburg. However, they are only taking 10% off most furniture. If you go to the back of the store, they do have some 50% off furniture. The sales person informed me that I could talk with the manager for a better deal. They charge 6% or minimum charge of $70 for delivery. Brothers on 441 in Leesburg also has a liquidation sale going on. It was 40% off, but has changed to 30% off, as merchandise was going too fast. Delivery is a flat $49. I had to really give the manager a hard time to get the 40% off.
Malverne, NY
Stormville, NY
PT TV
Old 02-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainjane View Post
I too have furniture already paid for but not delivered. They had a liquidation sale at their warehouse over on 44. I'm not sure if it is still going on but I went and spoke to Chris who assured me that the furniture would be delivered as they are working with another company to fulfill orders etc. I am taking him at his word as he seems sincere. Hope I am right.
If I were you I would contact the village movers and tell the people at the furniture store you would be coming to get your stuff. There is NO reason why it can't be delivered if it is there. Or tell them you will take a second choice. Do it now. This smells of some kind of treachery if you ask me.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
I got a dining room set for over 50% off in Furniture Country in Leesburg. However, they are only taking 10% off most furniture. If you go to the back of the store, they do have some 50% off furniture. The sales person informed me that I could talk with the manager for a better deal. They charge 6% or minimum charge of $70 for delivery. Brothers on 441 in Leesburg also has a liquidation sale going on. It was 40% off, but has changed to 30% off, as merchandise was going too fast. Delivery is a flat $49. I had to really give the manager a hard time to get the 40% off.
Yes, but in my opinion, there prices are much more than keystone. (Double the actual cost) Find something there from Broyhill and check the Furniture Direct store..or whatever they call the old Southern Lifestyles at Spanish Springs.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-24-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Sage

bump for the poster looking for the thread.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:27 AM

We are still dealing with Furniture Galleries regarding our order from September 10, 2008. We are in contact with a Roberta, who keeps telling us we will be receiving our furniture. It is now six months and we want to forget about it.

Unfortunately we went through the delayed billing promotion which is with Broyhill Credit Services. I have written to this company telling them I have not received my furniture and to please correct the billing and show a zero balance. I keep getting letters back saying that they have a contract from me saying I will pay for the furniture when it is received, guess the contract I signed when I ordered the furniture back in September 2008. We were sending letters because we wanted to have everything we have done in writing.

After receiving the letters, we have called Broyhill Credit Services several times, we speak to a representative who cannot give us any answers. We ask to speak to a supervisor, only to be put on hold. We have waited for over an hour each time and no one ever comes to the phone. We have gone to the store to speak to Roberta, but we are told she is busy. We have sat at the store and waited, but except for one time, she never appears. The one time we saw Roberta was last month and she promised our furniture would be delivered before the middle of March. It is now the middle of March, no furniture.

Any advice on what we can do. We are getting billed for furniture we have not receivedand I doubt will ever receive. I want to be able to go out and order new furniture from another store, but with this billing hanging over my head, I am afraid to do so. How can I be held to a contract that said I would have my furniture in eight to ten weeks, and it is now six months.

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Portsmouth, Virginia
Hamilton, Ohio
Newport, Rhode Island
Millington,Tennessee
Jacksonville, Florida
Norfolk, Virginia
Aberdeen, New Jersey
Winter Garden, Florida
Winter Haven, Florida
Davenport, Florida
The Villages
Old 04-02-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
We are still dealing with Furniture Galleries regarding our order from September 10, 2008. We are in contact with a Roberta, who keeps telling us we will be receiving our furniture. It is now six months and we want to forget about it.

Unfortunately we went through the delayed billing promotion which is with Broyhill Credit Services. I have written to this company telling them I have not received my furniture and to please correct the billing and show a zero balance. I keep getting letters back saying that they have a contract from me saying I will pay for the furniture when it is received, guess the contract I signed when I ordered the furniture back in September 2008. We were sending letters because we wanted to have everything we have done in writing.

After receiving the letters, we have called Broyhill Credit Services several times, we speak to a representative who cannot give us any answers. We ask to speak to a supervisor, only to be put on hold. We have waited for over an hour each time and no one ever comes to the phone. We have gone to the store to speak to Roberta, but we are told she is busy. We have sat at the store and waited, but except for one time, she never appears. The one time we saw Roberta was last month and she promised our furniture would be delivered before the middle of March. It is now the middle of March, no furniture.

Any advice on what we can do. We are getting billed for furniture we have not receivedand I doubt will ever receive. I want to be able to go out and order new furniture from another store, but with this billing hanging over my head, I am afraid to do so. How can I be held to a contract that said I would have my furniture in eight to ten weeks, and it is now six months.

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Screw them

You need to do what I did and thats contact your credit card company if you used it to order the furniture. Fax the CC company and even mail them by certified mail copies of your order showing date along with copies of your statemant showing those charges. Write a letter along with the documents stating that you ordered and haven't received any of it and that you contacted the merchant and found they have gone out of business. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT TELL THEM THEY FILED FOR BANKRUPTCY. DO NOT TELL THEM OF YOUR CONVERSATION WITH THE MANUFACTURER BROYHILL.

You have protection under the law as a consumer not to be ripped off by these furniture businesses.

So if you bought with a credit card your OK.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

P.S. on't be surprised to find that they may have sold your furniture during one of there close out sales.

We found our sofa/love set on the floor being sold at the same price we paid for it. So don't believe the bull about close out sales. These people lie,lie,lie.

Damn them for trying to sell my stuff. We got it and still called our CC company. Damn losers.

Last edited by Bubbalarry; 04-02-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Update: ......... I bought an upholstered bench for $88... I'm excited.
New update for Bubba and others, the wonderful bench I bought, totally fell apart, can't be glued, can't sit on it, its a piece of garbage. Not made of wood, cause wood glue wouldn't hold the legs on, instead the legs totally split down the center. Might as well throw the damn thing out. Think I'll sit it on columns of bricks, hopefully the thing doesn't crack down the middle. What a rip off all around!!

Bubbbbaaa, wanna buy a bench really cheap?????
LOL..

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Sage

OH NO Kathie,

That beauiful bench fell apart????

We better say some prayers for your beautiful chest you bought there!!!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Default Update

I have been contacted and informed that my order is in and ready to be delivered or picked up. So tomorrow I am going to pick up our Broyhill dining table and four chairs, and Klausner sofa and loveseat.

I have to admit that for the longest time I really had my doubts that this closeout company was going to really pull through for those that had open orders. But now I am glad I waited and pleased that they have lived up to thier promises to me.

I am assuming if I have any issues with my furniture I will deal directly with the manufacturer, hopefully there will be no need for that.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.