Cable/Phone/Internet

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Veteran member
Default Cable/Phone/Internet

I presently have Direct TV for cable TV and Comcast for phone and internet. I wanted a bundled package for all three with Direct TV but they told me there isn't service for phone and internet in my area. I was bundled with Comcast but they raised the rates considerably so I dropped cable with them.

I recall someone saying they had all three services with DTV. I spoke to an agent and she told me they only provide cable. Does anyone out there have a bundled service with DTV?
Old 02-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Veteran member

Century link has a bundle with all three. I had it but the price was to high. I now have Comcast internet, and basicTV, and Vontage for phone. Internet and basic is cheaper than internet alone. On my main tv I have Dish, but I will be getting Direct when my 2 year contract runs out. 3 different bills.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanci2539 View Post
I presently have Direct TV for cable TV and Comcast for phone and internet. I wanted a bundled package for all three with Direct TV but they told me there isn't service for phone and internet in my area. I was bundled with Comcast but they raised the rates considerably so I dropped cable with them.

I recall someone saying they had all three services with DTV. I spoke to an agent and she told me they only provide cable. Does anyone out there have a bundled service with DTV?
Check with your local phone providers to see if they offer bundling with DirecTV. It was at the suggestion of a DirecTV tech support person I spoke with a week or so ago that I do that - he said it'll save a little bit of money each month but not a ton.

My concern, though, is that if I get the phone company involved with my existing DirecTV satellite service, I might wind up with a finger-pointing exercise when it comes time to resolve any issue with billing, service, etc. With my service now being single-threaded through DirecTV, there's no decision to make about who it is that should resolve any DirecTV issue I might have. JMHO

Bill
Old 03-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Veteran member

CenturyLink "bundles" with DTV. All it saves you is $5 off your DTV bill. They are still more expensive than Comcast.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.