Leaking Shower Head

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2011, 04:33 AM
Default Leaking Shower Head

My shower head is leaking. Does anyone out there have the name of a good handy man? Lots listed in Sun but that's a crap shoot. Thanks...much.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:15 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

If you "search" the name Chuck Farrell on this website, you will find many threads about him and his many satisfied customers. Highly recommend
Chuck Farrell - 352.516.0192

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 02-14-2011, 05:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Chuck Farrell is an air conditioning company. He probably won't want to take time out from his regular business to fix your shower head.

Alan Byer is a very good, efficient and honest handyman and is a resident of The Villages: 352-205-7504.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:20 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Another vote for Alan Byer. I've recommended him several times and he's never disappointed.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Chuck Farrell is an air conditioning company. He probably won't want to take time out from his regular business to fix your shower head.
I know you're wrong about Chuck Farrell refusing "to take time out from his regular business...." Is that your impression from your past experiences with Chuck? Think not, and I do think that you were out of line making the remark that he would not want to take the time.... Let's be fair.

We called Chuck Farrell on a SUNDAY EVENING and he was at our house about a half hour later and we had never hired him before, but called him in particular because of all the good comments on TOTV about the man. He checked out the system and whatever he did to fix the a/c it was minor, he DID NOT CHARGE US ANYTHING. Now, that's what I call a good business man as well as the fact that I had a company out about the a/c a few hours before in which I had a yearly contract and they said there were serious problems WITH THE PIPES UNDER THE FLOORS and it would cost appprox $3,000 to fix!!!! Now, who would YOU choose to refer a friend in need of a plummer and/or a/c????? My experience tells me to call Chuck Farrell at 352.516.0192 if you're looking for an honest, ethical, hard-working licensed plumber.

I wanted to sign a yearly contract with Chuck and ditch the other one and Chuck said that he doesn't believe in contracts that contracts are merely a money grabber and when you need me I'll be there and not overcharge you for services and in that way in paying for each individual job, it is so much less money out of your pocket.

Call Chuck....he's highly recommended on this forum as well and I am offering you this referral from my own excellent experience with Chuck Farrell's service..

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza
Default Did you....

Before calling someone did you first try removing the head, wrap some thread seal tape http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_seal_tape overlaping in the direction you tighten the head, then rethread the head?

Additionally, I also recommend Alan Byer. I had him do several things last Wednesday and he did an excellent job in everything he did and at a reasonable price. If he feels he cannot do something, he will be upfront about it. i.e. we wanted to change our shower control in our Roman shower and also tighten our wobbly guest room toilet. (...just one of several problems that the sellers of our house should have fixed before closing and couldn't be bothered taking care of.) Alan let us know before wasting his time and our money that we needed a plumber. We wanted him to change a shower head to a combo head and hand held shower which he did with no problem.

BTW, we hired him (as well as others) on recommendations from TOTV and we're not sorry that we did.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Hi Barb 1191,

Your remarks about Chuck Farrell are right on. If you'll look back at some of the first posts recommending him, you will see that I am one of his biggest fans. I always recommend him for anyone who is asking for work on their air conditioning units.

Chuck Farrell Air Conditioning Company is fantastic! He stays very busy because he is so good, and such an honest man, too.

But, Chuck Farrell does not make his living as a handyman. Repairing a leaky shower faucet is not air conditioning work. That's why I chose to recommend Alan Byer instead. Chuck is so busy with his air conditioning calls, I would be surprised if he would want to get a call to repair a leaky shower head.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Hi Barb 1191,

Your remarks about Chuck Farrell are right on. If you'll look back at some of the first posts recommending him, you will see that I am one of his biggest fans. I always recommend him for anyone who is asking for work on their air conditioning units.

Chuck Farrell Air Conditioning Company is fantastic! He stays very busy because he is so good, and such an honest man, too.

But, Chuck Farrell does not make his living as a handyman. Repairing a leaky shower faucet is not air conditioning work. That's why I chose to recommend Alan Byer instead. Chuck is so busy with his air conditioning calls, I would be surprised if he would want to get a call to repair a leaky shower head.
K9 Lovers.... I stand corrected and apologize for my ire having totally misinterpreted your comment. I thought that Chuck was a plumber which included heating and a/c. Thank you for your kind explanation; so very appreciated.....b

Old 02-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

No problem, Barb. Happy Valentine's Day!
Old 02-15-2011, 05:35 AM

Thanks one and all for your input. I really appreciated. Bobofmanawa
Old 02-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Just this morning I had a need for a plumber for a toilet that was swiveling and I thought that the service I received deserved mentioning. I called TOTV posting recommended Mandy - Pro-plumbers at 352-438-4537 + 352-330-0007 at about 10:10am and now want to give him kudos.

To make a long story short, by 11:10 he not only arrived but also finished doing the repair needed. I had a choice of 3 good recommendations that I picked up from this site and I feel real fortunate to have chosen Mandy if not just plain lucky. I feel the other two (Chuck Farrell and Patric Daugherty of Paramont Plumbing) would probably have been an excellent selection from what I've read about them, but I definitely got both honesty with the problem and a decent price with Mandy.

I would not hesitate for a second in calling Mandy for my future needs!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.