Garage Panel Repair/Replacement

Old 03-19-2024, 09:46 AM
Default Garage Panel Repair/Replacement

I'm sure that I am not the first person to run into the garage door before it was fully open with my golf cart. (no I wasn't drinking, just in a hurry) The door's lower panel has a big dent in it. It stills opens and closed but there is a gap on the bottom and it looks terrible. Has anyone had experience with this? Was the panel fixed or replaced? Any info or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-19-2024, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PompeyKing View Post
I'm sure that I am not the first person to run into the garage door before it was fully open with my golf cart. (no I wasn't drinking, just in a hurry) The door's lower panel has a big dent in it. It stills opens and closed but there is a gap on the bottom and it looks terrible. Has anyone had experience with this? Was the panel fixed or replaced? Any info or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Ours was dented before we even moved in. The bottom panel was replaced and repainted as it was obviously covered by the home warranty. It can be done easily, the only issue could be is certain models of garage doors go out of production, meaning your panel is no longer available even if your house is a few years old. I believe ROMAC is the company that did our initial garage door and did the replacement work. If you have the information on who installed your garage door I'd start there. It's easy to replace a panel just a pain if it's no longer produced.
Old 03-19-2024, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

It MIGHT be possible to straighten the dent in the panel, I helped a neighbor and we got the panel fairly straight, but they eventually replaced it any way. The fix required a few steel beams, clamps, spacer boards and lots of LUCK.
Old 03-20-2024, 01:14 PM

Thanks
Old 03-20-2024, 01:15 PM

Wow... I'll look into replacing it....
Old 03-20-2024, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PompeyKing View Post
Wow... I'll look into replacing it....
Wait until you see the replacement costs.

Tags
panel, garage, gap, opens, greatly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.