Handyman Jimmy Jones!!!

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2015, 05:40 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!
Default Handyman Jimmy Jones!!!

Since the threads I found that highly recommend him were closed I just had to post something! We called him today to install a retractable patio screen door for us. He came in a couple of hours, seems he lives down the road from us! It proved to be quite a challenge and he and my husband ended up working together to get it in. They did an awesome job and since my husband helped he only charged half the quote LOL (which btw was very reasonable to begin with! Really nice guy does excellent work. We are now thinking of some other projects we have had in mind. If you need a wonderful handyman call Jimmy at 352-460-2173.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:46 PM

Thank you. I am looking for a handy man to mount a large cabinet. I will give him a call.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:40 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Thanks I will put Mr Jones in my little red book for future reference.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Thanks I will put Mr Jones in my little red book for future reference.

Is your little red book written by Chairman Mao? I have one of those. ::
Old 03-14-2015, 08:38 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
Since the threads I found that highly recommend him were closed I just had to post something! We called him today to install a retractable patio screen door for us. He came in a couple of hours, seems he lives down the road from us! It proved to be quite a challenge and he and my husband ended up working together to get it in. They did an awesome job and since my husband helped he only charged half the quote LOL (which btw was very reasonable to begin with! Really nice guy does excellent work. We are now thinking of some other projects we have had in mind. If you need a wonderful handyman call Jimmy at 352-460-2173.
Jimmy built and installed a set of built in bookcases for me and they are perfect! Thanks Jimmy. I certainly recommend him as well.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:10 AM

I too just had some repair work done to my home by Jimmy Jones. He replaced a damaged area of our fascia boards and the wood behind it that had deteriorated and became moldy due to water leakage in the gutter. He also resealed my gutters, and installed a new Door and frame in our lanai. He is a great guy and does awesome work!! I highly recommend him. He does all kinds of repair work as well as Crown Moldings, shelves and closets, windows and Door installs, cabinets, book shelves etc etc.. He showed me a photo album of his work and IT WAS INCREDIBLE! I say hire Jimmy or you may end up sorry with who you get. His number is (352) 460-2173.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:27 PM

No problem with his work, but he charged a lot more than I expected on items for which I had not gotten an estimate- partly my fault. I recommend you make sure you know the cost of each item before agreeing to having the work done.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:17 PM
Gold member
Default LOL! Same man???

GREAT name for this kind of work..... sorry, but I couldn't resist. LOL! ... just waiting for the hockey game to begin. ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0XVdM8klA8
Old 05-08-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkret View Post
GREAT name for this kind of work..... sorry, but I couldn't resist. LOL! ... just waiting for the hockey game to begin. ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0XVdM8klA8
Now, that's funny! You're right that this fellow has a great name for this line of work. Thanks for the chuckle.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:47 PM
Veteran member

My experience was not so positive as others on this thread, but not so bad as to say anything too bad. He was OK, some problems, enough that I would not hire again.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:10 PM

Thanks so much for the recommendation. I'm new here and need to get good recommendations. Thanks again
Old 09-03-2015, 01:43 AM
Veteran member

after my less than great experience with Jimmy Jones, i called Dave Mathis and I was very happy with both his work and his outgoing, friendly personality. (312) 296-5367
One of my main complaints about Jimmy was his price (but there were other problems also), as mentioned by another poster here, he was way over priced for what he did.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.