Hot Tub install

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2017, 04:09 AM
Default Hot Tub install

I have a Jacuzzi hot tub - purchased this year at my home in Orlando and would like to bring it to TV.

I need it installed in the rear yard of a courtyard villa.

Its a 2 seater approx 60 x 72.

It was hot wired and assume the same at TV.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:58 AM
Veteran member

Try calling T&D. I did and they quoted me a reasonable price to move it

Old 12-18-2017, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

A couple words of caution, if this is a direct connection (not a plug in), you will need an electrical permit, and since it is a spa you will need a spa permit. Found this out the hard way, long story. The spa permit covers grounding requirements for the spa, location of existing electrical boxes in proximity of the hot tub, and confirmation that all glass in the area is tempered. You cannot get the electrical permit without the spa permit. The electrical permit covers the required disconnect switch, GFCI, and grounding.

Send me a PM with your phone number if you would like to discuss further.

As for installation, any of the licensed electrical contractors can do this I have used and recommend in this order, Lenharts, ECI, R&A and Galaxy. I had problems with both R&A and Galaxy with work they did.

One other word of caution, I called the spa vendor about the almost 2 inch slope on the lanai and was told it would be OK, they were WRONG, while the spa did work it did not work well. I eventually went and poured a level pad for the spa, and it works much better now.

Hope this helps.

Tags
hot, tub, villa, courtyard, approx

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.