House Power Washing Recommendations

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Sage

In January, we got a quote from Stellar on power washing our house and birdcage. It seemed high, so we called Egners for a quote. Egners quote was exactly half the Stellar price, and they did a fine job.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:48 PM

I used Nature's Way ,very reasonable and quite satisfied.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Default Vinyl Siding Joint Damage and power washers

I am very concerned about anyone using a "power washer" that many have outputs of 2000 pounds per square inch (psi) and greater. Especially if they are hitting the siding at the wrong angle with the nozzle to close.
I hv seen contractors spraying the house with solution then water rinsing off of owner's outside spigot (50 to 60 psi) and the house looks clean.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We had our sided Camellia in Hadley powerwashed three or four times in the three years we lived there. They sprayed on a bleachy smelling solution to quell the mold and powerwashed it. It was 35 dollars and 45 or 50 if they did the lanai. We moved the lanai furniture out. They did a great job and the house sparkled. In between times we would brush the bugs off the front entry and garage way with a broom. I still don't know why bugs congregate there.

Powerwashing is common here and I haven't seen it harm anyone's home but I am open to hear other experiences. There are a gazillion guys doing it for that price.

The problem is, if you don't get the mold off routinely it becomes very difficult to remove it.

The Morses don't cause the mold. I am sure of that.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.