Prism Century Link

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Prism Century Link

Any one have any pros or cons on Prism? Using satellite, thinking of changing.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-19-2014, 09:53 PM
Gold member

I'll be interested in responses. We also are thinking of dropping direct tv.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:09 PM
Gold member

We switched from Comcast (Xfinity) 1& 1/2 years ago and have never regretted it. Even after the introductory discounts ended we are paying about $60 a month less then what Comcast charged back then. They have probably raised their rates even higher since then. Centurylink switched out the boxes they initially provided for the wireless boxes. Found their technical support when needed which has not been often, is easily reached and we have spoken to Americans without the endless telephone queues.

Would never think about going back to Comcast despite their frequent mail offers with promises of gift cards.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:28 AM

We've had Prism for almost 2 years, and like them very much. That being said, our contract is almost up. It will be interesting to see how much we get jacked.

Rollie
Old 07-20-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollie View Post
We've had Prism for almost 2 years, and like them very much. That being said, our contract is almost up. It will be interesting to see how much we get jacked.

Rollie
I'm surprised you have a contract for Prism - we don't. Have had it for a little over a year and very happy with the product, just not thrilled with their billing system. I always have to call to get my bill corrected, although they don't give me a hard time and do it without discussion.

I've been told that my bill will stay the same for the next year, (I'm on my second year) and then I just have to call them and ask them to extend the credits that I have now.

I too am saving quite a bit over what I paid with DISH and I like the product much better. The picture is great and you can record numerous shows at the same time if you choose to.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiamp1 View Post
I'm surprised you have a contract for Prism - we don't. Have had it for a little over a year and very happy with the product, just not thrilled with their billing system. I always have to call to get my bill corrected, although they don't give me a hard time and do it without discussion.

I've been told that my bill will stay the same for the next year, (I'm on my second year) and then I just have to call them and ask them to extend the credits that I have now.

I too am saving quite a bit over what I paid with DISH and I like the product much better. The picture is great and you can record numerous shows at the same time if you choose to.
They are offering us 3 yrs at fixed rate for (I think) 290 channels Prism Preferred! I have to go through what we watch now and see if they are included in this package.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Sage

We switched from Comcast to Prism then back to Comcast. Reason.......We would often lose the picture or it would pixilate and freeze. Also, wife and I watch lots of free movies on demand. Century Link had 9 choices and Comcast had probably over 100.
Things may have changed in the past year with Century Link but until I kinow for sure I'm staying with Comcast.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:23 PM

I just got off the phone with Century Link for about the fourth time in the past year. It seems every other month they want to increase the rate and I have to call to remind them that my initial quoted rate was for 12 months and all they need to do is honor that rate. This time, I am 10 months in to my commitment, for CENTURY LINK to honor it's 12 month rate commitment they want me to agree to another 12 months. NO WAY would I agree to another 12 months with the billing nightmare Century Link has been and then the agent had the gall to say that she regretted I would not work with her about this billing dispute when I told her to cancel the account. And, OH by the way she adds there is $151.00 disconnect fee. Fat chance they'll see that... I would not recommend CENTURY LINK as they can't seem to keep their billing straight for even a short period of time.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:59 PM
Veteran member

We moved here with DirecTV 2 1/2 years ago with the understanding that it would be bundled with Century Link. It never was so we dropped it and went with Prism. Tomorrow, we are switching back to DirectTV. We got a great rate on the premier package as returning customers, and my sweetie will finally get his NBA TV and MSG channel. We had problems with Prism (picture freezes for no reason, voice garbles for no reason, etc) which, over a 2 year period weren't major but pretty annoying with n o fix in sight; however, the primary reason we are moving back is programming.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:13 AM

Had Comcast and was sick of their terrible product and worse customer service. Switched to Prism and like it. I would go back to rabbit ears before going back to Comcast.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:37 AM

We love Prism. Lots of channels....cheaper than Directv. Beware when you disconnect Directv they will bug you and bug you........I just had to tell them to stop calling after 52 calls since April. I told them if they continued I would turn them in to The Attorney General's Office for calling a "Do Not Call". We have no isssues with Prism what so ever...great picture.....good rate.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:02 PM

We have had centurylink since 08 and have had no problem.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:16 PM
Gold member

We switched from Comcast to Centurylink Prism almost 2 years ago. had Comcast for15 years in TV and early on looked forward to their high speed internet after suffering with AOL dial up service. Over time rates for Comcast seemed to increase every few months and after several discussions with their retention dept. was told no more deals. Switched to Centurylink and our bill for comparable service is about $60/month less. The rates are supposedly locked in for 2 years (not a contract). I was told after 2 years I could contact them to lock in rates again. Will find out if that's true in December. I have found the Centurylink call center reps and technicians easy to reach, very helpful and polite, not at all like what I had experienced with Comcast.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:36 PM

No customer service on week-ends for trouble
I could not believe that a major corp. could not handle a request until regular business hours.
I B****h and moaned to no avail.
That's if you even got to talk to a real person,
then was put on hold for a half hour.
I called every # on my bill statement
All I got was a apoligy. Sorry, call back during regular hours.
DirectTV Cust service was the best.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:12 AM

No experience with Prism but a neighbor recently waited 5 days for a serviceman for an outage. I looked into Prism because of the technology(fiber optics)and the lower (?) rate but once I realized their On Demand selections were a small fraction of Comcast selections and that I couldn't get the MLB Extra Innings baseball package, I stopped looking. Make sure they have what you want before you switch.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.