Just came from the Xfinity Store ...

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2019, 05:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

We used Tom AV, he moved our outlet, mounted a TV, and dropped the wiring behind the wall, set up an appointment with Comcast to finish install. One call and done.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

If you want to stay with cable and depending on where you live, take a look at Spectrum.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-20-2019, 05:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Is there no way to add an extension to the existing coax and snake the line up through the wall over the archway and down the other side? That's what they did at my house, which was built before cable TV was invented. Whoever added the first coax did it in a really dumb spot in the room so we had it snaked over to a more practical location.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
If you want to stay with cable and depending on where you live, take a look at Spectrum.
We had Brighthouse/Spectrum when we wintered near Clearwater and really liked them. Unfortunately, they don’t service our new area. 😞

k.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Is there no way to add an extension to the existing coax and snake the line up through the wall over the archway and down the other side? That's what they did at my house, which was built before cable TV was invented. Whoever added the first coax did it in a really dumb spot in the room so we had it snaked over to a more practical location.
Pike's will be here on Thursday and decide how to proceed. The person I talked to in the office thought they would have to do it from the attic. I’m sure the tech would prefer not to have to crawl around up there in this heat. We shall see.

k.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:33 AM

Kathy I don’t think the folks responding know anything about the TiVo units. The interface is far superior to any cable company during or service.

I have had TiVo units since 2000 a series one. I haven’t checked with Spectrum regarding cable cards here. We just moved permanently last month.

Good luck with your install.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2019, 10:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
We had Brighthouse/Spectrum when we wintered near Clearwater and really liked them. Unfortunately, they don’t service our new area. 😞

k.
Too bad....I thought they were everywhere below 466A including below 44.....at least that's what one of our techs told us while he was fixing a cable cut by our neighbors lawn service....

Old 08-20-2019, 11:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeg180 View Post
Kathy I don’t think the folks responding know anything about the TiVo units. The interface is far superior to any cable company during or service.

I have had TiVo units since 2000 a series one. I haven’t checked with Spectrum regarding cable cards here. We just moved permanently last month.

Good luck with your install.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So you remember when even the folks at the cable companies knew NOTHING about TiVo. We were definitely on the cutting edge back then ha!

We used our TiVo units in Palm Harbor and Oldsmar with Brighthouse and then Spectrum (after the former was bought up by the latter). My recollection is that cable cards were cheaper through Spectrum than what we pay Xfinity but what can you do. They have a monopoly on them, don't they. I LOVE my TiVo and won't give it up unless they go under.

k.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Too bad....I thought they were everywhere below 466A including below 44.....at least that's what one of our techs told us while he was fixing a cable cut by our neighbors lawn service....
We are moving to Village Valle Verde, just north of 466, west of Rolling Acres. No Spectrum for us.

k.
Old 08-20-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
I contacted Spectrum about internet service in Monarch Grove (Southern Oaks, below the Turnpike) when we were purchasing our new home. The first person I spoke to seemed optimistic about service being available. A few days later I got a call from someone else who told me they absolutely, positively did not provide service in Monarch Grove.

So, I ended up going with Comcast. When the tech came out to connect everything and set up the modem/router I pointed to the second feed cable in the low voltage cabinet in the garage and asked whose service that was. He told me it was Spectrum.

So, don’t be so sure Spectrum is not available at your new house. The big problem seems to be a lack of maps and their inability to find a street address.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:03 PM
Sage

I have seen this in the past; sales and engineering are not always in sync with new areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacjag View Post
I contacted Spectrum about internet service in Monarch Grove (Southern Oaks, below the Turnpike) when we were purchasing our new home. The first person I spoke to seemed optimistic about service being available. A few days later I got a call from someone else who told me they absolutely, positively did not provide service in Monarch Grove.

So, I ended up going with Comcast. When the tech came out to connect everything and set up the modem/router I pointed to the second feed cable in the low voltage cabinet in the garage and asked whose service that was. He told me it was Spectrum.

So, don’t be so sure Spectrum is not available at your new house. The big problem seems to be a lack of maps and their inability to find a street address.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

The same thing happened to me when I moved into my new house a few years ago. I called Brighthouse (Spectrum) to start service and they told me that they didn't provide service to my address. They were wrong, and I went with Comcast. I even told the Brighthouse lady that my next door neighbor had their service, but she still said they couldn't connect service to my house. I don't really have a good feeling about a company that doesn't even know where they have installed their own cables.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:33 PM
Sage

Go to the Spectrum office on 301 and have that conversation with them. If they can't help, escalate....as you go up the pole the crap flows down and they will find out where you are.

Closed Thread

Tags
outlets, install, electrician, longer, florida

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.