Ken Spano & Sons does poor work

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2016, 03:38 PM
Angry Ken Spano & Sons does poor work

I have a 2015 club car precedent. It didn't have headlights or tail lights when I purchased it. I talked to Ken Spano & Son and asked if they could install a "Rec Pro Deluxe Light Kit" I had purchased. The light kit cost me about $200 and was specifically for a Club Car Precedent 2008 1/2 or later. He said he could install it and it would take 4 hours and cost me $233 plus $45 for pickup and delivery. I agreed.

When I called and asked when it would be returned he said it took 7 hours and the cost would be $466 because they had to figure out where all the wires went. When he delivered it I saw that they did not even use the fairly expensive wiring harness that came with the light kit. In fact, they stripped it all apart and then tried to rewire everything. Even though every thing does work ... the wiring is a mess! If something goes wrong later, I'm in real trouble trying to trace out what they did to the wiring.

The kit and the wiring harness was very simple, almost a "plug and play", and I had already watched numerous youtube videos showing the installation. However, Spano chose to try to figure it out on their own. I don't think they even looked at the installation instructions or the wiring diagram that was in the box. If they had called me back and told me what they were going to do I would have stopped them and asked them to return my cart. Instead, they tried to rig it up and then charge me for their lack of knowledge of how to install the lights in the first place. Furthermore, some of their connections were loose, the wires were run under the seat so that the seat was crushing them (just a short waiting to happen), and the on/off switch was not working correctly.

I'm very disappointed with their service and I would not recommend them to my worst enemy!
Old 11-15-2016, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I sure wish you had searched his name on this site, otherwise you would of called someone else, like Willie Wilcoxin. He comes to your home and does all work there, it's just him and his son. I believe Ken Spano has many people working for them. Here is what you would of found if you had searched.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...rchid=12989767

Since you had a verbal agreement on the price, you may be able to get money back since they proceeded without your approval. I would report them to Seniors against Crime, which is located in the Government Annex on 446. Phone is 689-460, ask them if they can help.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...rchid=12990046
Old 11-17-2016, 11:17 AM

Spano ripped me off..3 times they charged me for items/service they didn't provide...Willy's Golf Carts informed me and I called Seniors Against Crime and was told they have several complaints against Spano and Spano won't respond. Willy does great work..very knowledgable..and reasonable
Closed Thread

Tags
wiring, kit, install, cost, light

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.