Lanai Heaters

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2017, 08:15 PM
Default Lanai Heaters

I am looking for any recommendations regarding lanai heating. Our Lanai is open to the birdcage so we would be looking for ceiling or horizontal column mounted heaters. We are not excited about floor units primarily because of appearance. I know the restaurants in the squares have thees kind of heaters and the seem to work. a small problem with our situation is that the Lanai ceiling is high (11-12 feet) so I wonder about how well any ceiling mounted unit will work. Not looking to sweat out there but want to make it comfortable for the fall and winter watching sports and just socializing. Any ideas would be appreciated regarding types of units, vendors to use (and not use). What is best? electric or gas? Those kind of things. Any help would be helpful. Thank you!
Old 05-07-2017, 09:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
I am looking for any recommendations regarding lanai heating. Our Lanai is open to the birdcage so we would be looking for ceiling or horizontal column mounted heaters. We are not excited about floor units primarily because of appearance. I know the restaurants in the squares have thees kind of heaters and the seem to work. a small problem with our situation is that the Lanai ceiling is high (11-12 feet) so I wonder about how well any ceiling mounted unit will work. Not looking to sweat out there but want to make it comfortable for the fall and winter watching sports and just socializing. Any ideas would be appreciated regarding types of units, vendors to use (and not use). What is best? electric or gas? Those kind of things. Any help would be helpful. Thank you!
I have a friend who won a floor model in a sweepstakes. She would like to sell it. It is still in the box. If interested PM me.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

We use a propane fire pit.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member

If I want or need to sit outside on the cooler nights I can drop my screens and use my Golf Cart heater and it's enough that I can sit out there. I only have a 10x20 Lanai though. Have been looking at the Electric one's used in the Restaurants just haven't pulled the trigger yet
Old 06-06-2017, 08:46 AM

Thank you for your response. I posted the question then had to head out of town for three weeks so I apologize for the slow response. I am kinda looking at ceiling mounted instead of floor standing but still studying Thanks again!
Old 06-06-2017, 08:46 AM

Thank you!
Old 06-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Many threads on cooling a lanai. This is my first on heating. I want to ask if you know we live in central Florida, but I am trying to give up being a mean girl. Work in progress.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:29 PM
Gold member

The ceiling ones work very well. Get electric and if you can I would suggest the 220v over the 110v but cost would be more. You can order the units online and save a lot.
Closed Thread

Tags
lanai, ceiling, heaters, units, work

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.