Landscaping Challenges

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2016, 12:15 PM
Default Landscaping Challenges

Hello.. I am a newcomer however I teach a tinnitus support class at the Villages and am fairly well known and respected. I recently used Exterior Spaces Landscaping on RT 301. They built a retaining wall in addition to adding flowers, and sealing the wall. Its been 4 months and the wall is stained and looks horrible, some of the wall blocks cracked. The owner has made many broken appointment commitments to repair the damage they have done. They are asking me to pressure wash their mess before they will come and do the sealing.

In addition (upon completion of work) i made the big mistake of paying them with the promise they would hand deliver a detailed invoice of price breakdown they claim they forgot to bring.

So at this time I don't know exactly what I have paid for since they have made several broken commitments to provide me with a final invoice since job completion in November 2015.

I would like to share my stressful experience as well as ask for suggestions on Best Practices to get them to honor their work.

I know much better than this however when moving into a new home it is stressful and I again admit I made a very BIG mistake being so trustworthy.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,200 Times in 2,269 Posts

I would suggest another call to the owner, setup a specific time table for repairs, and state that if they do not correct the problems you will file complaints with the BBB, Seniors against crime, etc.
Hope this helps.

Tags
made, wall, landscaping, commitments, broken, completion, sealing, work, invoice, big, mistake, stressful, addition, breakdown, provide, final, job, november, newcomer, paid, time, teach, tinnitus, forgot, claim

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.