Lawn Care

Old 04-17-2024, 01:03 PM

We had same poor experience. So, I called Ortho. Explained my situation. They recommended 2 of their products that were available at Ace, Wildwood. Ace horticulturist agreed with Ortho. Working well. Takes me 15 minutes every 2 months.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Flip a coin
There all the same
First 2 months their like bees on honey.
After that their
like hens teeth
Old 04-18-2024, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,781 Times in 1,387 Posts

It is all about the technician and how good he is at his job. Watch how they do your job.
Get to know your tech and let him know what you think, want/need.
Good company + good tech = good company.

We switched to Massey two years ago. Excellent tech. Our lawn is the best it has ever been (in 20 years!).
Massey is a little more expensive but they do back what they say.....and that becomes a function of your expectation/communication.
In my humble opinion/experience.
Old 04-18-2024, 12:43 PM
Veteran member
Question Opinions on new Sod vs new lawn company?

I've been paying Deans for years to have an awful lawn. Calling them several times to complain doesnt improve anything. If I could find the right company I'm more than ready to switch. Been considering new sod but can't seem to write the check. Keep opinions coming especially on replacing the Sod vs new lawn company.
Old 04-18-2024, 06:47 PM
Default Lawn stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
I've been paying Deans for years to have an awful lawn. Calling them several times to complain doesnt improve anything. If I could find the right company I'm more than ready to switch. Been considering new sod but can't seem to write the check. Keep opinions coming especially on replacing the Sod vs new lawn company.
Makes me wonder if there's a Villages "lawn club". We did our largest exploratory golf cart trip to date yesterday and I came away with a vastly greater picture of what the range of lawn conditions is out there, covering a large portion south of LSL between the N/S main drags. Was *very* surprised to find the vast majority of the nicest looking lawns up that way to be of St. Augustine grass. Had never seen it grow that thick and be so dark green in color. Interesting. Still holding out hope that summertime brings better lawn conditions, as that is what my "memory" is from last summer, at least as an overall "picture".

I remember "giving up" in Savannah after re-sodding at my second place and having the same ugly picture quickly re-emerge with the centipede grass that was most common up there. The experiment at the first place was a sorrowful joke, attempting to make a fine-bladed zoysia work in an ill-suited climate. :-(

Tags
lawn, massey, control, pest, fertilizing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.