Bose sound system

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2013, 07:59 AM
Gold member
Default Bose sound system

Has anyone had TV put the Bose sound system in their home? How do you like it? To you, was it worth the $$ ?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:02 AM
Sage

First of all, Yes we did and it is incredable when watching current movies with modern sound tracks of music or background sound. When needed, the BOSE is wonderful.

Second, we never turn it on for older shows or the news, weather and talk shows as the TV sound is better than the bose for normal talking etc..
Old 05-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
First of all, Yes we did and it is incredable when watching current movies with modern sound tracks of music or background sound. When needed, the BOSE is wonderful.

Second, we never turn it on for older shows or the news, weather and talk shows as the TV sound is better than the bose for normal talking etc..
Thanks for the review. I love the fact that all is built in.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:55 AM
Sage

I'm trying to get the bose remotes to do less. at this point the bose remote disables direct TV's whole home feature, Skype, and Pandora...hopefully help is on the way..
Old 05-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
I'm trying to get the bose remotes to do less. at this point the bose remote disables direct TV's whole home feature, Skype, and Pandora...hopefully help is on the way..
I thought there was only 1 remote needed for the entire system. That's one of the reasons we went with the house system.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Sage

yeah, I like the idea of one remote, but the truth is the bose trumps TV and direct TV remotes far more sophisticated than itself. for example, my Samsung has a remote where Pandora music can be managed, played, bumped up in favorites, etc. BUT the bose disables that ability, so that whole remote and it's usefulness is not available. I could use Skype on my tv, but not with bose. I could use a voice command with my tv, but not with bose. I just want the bose to turn on the speakers...not take over....I'm paying for whole home direct tv to watch same program on all tvs...my one remote promise from bose isn't intelligent enough to do that....so I have four remotes for one tv and all of them are screwy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.