Looking for computer repair service

Old 03-25-2024, 09:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblwyr View Post
Thanks to all who offered help with this issue. So, I decided to focus on the router. I discovered that the power strip the router was plugged into was faulty. The indicator light on the strip however was illuminated. So, an easy fix after all. Thanks again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
If you can log on to your router, look for the HUE device to be a connected device. It's MAC address might start with 00:17:88
If you find it, or think you found it, you can unplug it and see if that device goes away. Now you know it is connected, and its IP address.
Open the hue app on your phone and try to connect to that IP address.

If you cannot find the device, reply with "it was connected in the past, and you // did // did not // make any changes to wiring or routers or reboot stuff.
Or it never connected since you put it in your house.
If not connecting, you could swap the ethernet wire with some other device that works, to see if the connectivity follows the port or device.

How old is it?
What happens when you try to add it to the app?
As stated above - the problem was just the power strip that the router was connected to. There's nothing wrong with their computer, or their ethernet wire.

There's also nothing wrong with their operating system, or their software, or anything else anymore, since they got a different power strip and plugged everything in and it's all working again.

Old 03-26-2024, 04:50 AM
Default responses helped

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
As stated above - the problem was just the power strip that the router was connected to. There's nothing wrong with their computer, or their ethernet wire.

There's also nothing wrong with their operating system, or their software, or anything else anymore, since they got a different power strip and plugged everything in and it's all working again.
The information I received from all is very helpful! I now have a list of people and companies for future reference, and the specific post that got me in the direction of the router led me to the problem—which one would think would be so apparent, but in this case was not!

SO, I am grateful for everyone’s input and will record the information for future use if needed. Thank you!

Old 03-27-2024, 12:54 PM

Carlos {retired from Comcast} {727} 859-8818

Old 03-28-2024, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblwyr View Post
Interested if anyone has a recommendation for reliable in home computer repair service? TIA.
Go to Best Buy and ask about their total best membership.

Tags
computer, repair, service, interested, recommendation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.