Looking for Lighting Consultant

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2016, 09:04 AM
Default Looking for Lighting Consultant

Wondering if anyone knows of a lighting consultant. We are looking for help in adding light to our living/dining area. Thanks.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,220 Times in 2,277 Posts

Here is something that you can try, replace the original incandescent lights with LED bulbs, the change is remarkable, especially if you choose the bright white and not the warm white. We did this shortly after moving in and it made a big difference. We changed all the lights, ceiling and hanging lights. The new LEDs are dimmable, and we found that the standard looking LED bulbs work great in the ceiling fixtures.
The original bulbs (in our house) were 130 volt incandescent. These will last forever as they are being operated at about 90% rated voltage, but because of this they are much dimmer then if they were 120 volt rated. This is one of the main reasons that the lighting appears to be dim.
If this works, you are going to save the cost of the consultant.
Send me a PM if you would like to see what we have done.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:26 PM

Or just purchase from here Incandescent Light Bulbs | 1000Bulbs.com

The bulbs cost FAR less than LED's. Last a long time (buy ten for the cost of 1 LED) and the theoretic "lifespan" of the bulbs simply do not create a valid ROI when looking at theoretic power savings.

I have a friend who took his warehouse style building (a gymnastic academy) and got a $40k tax break to remove his sodium lights (metal halide) removed from his ceiling fixtures. His electric bill went down about 15%....his heating bill in the winter went up 400% (gas costs more than electric - the radiant heat from the bulbs offset the gas costs).
Old 11-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,220 Times in 2,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitespeedRider View Post
Or just purchase from here Incandescent Light Bulbs | 1000Bulbs.com

The bulbs cost FAR less than LED's. Last a long time (buy ten for the cost of 1 LED) and the theoretic "lifespan" of the bulbs simply do not create a valid ROI when looking at theoretic power savings.

I have a friend who took his warehouse style building (a gymnastic academy) and got a $40k tax break to remove his sodium lights (metal halide) removed from his ceiling fixtures. His electric bill went down about 15%....his heating bill in the winter went up 400% (gas costs more than electric - the radiant heat from the bulbs offset the gas costs).
We need to consider the additional load on the A/C when the lights are on, each bulb = 100 watts additional heating load added to the A/C. I believe this significantly reduces the time of payback on LED bulbs, also these have deceased significantly in the last 2 years. Just my humble opinion.
Old 11-05-2016, 11:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblwyr View Post
Wondering if anyone knows of a lighting consultant. We are looking for help in adding light to our living/dining area. Thanks.
I can help you.

Alex St. Cyr ....Tel. 352-552-4559

Alex is licensed and Insured. He has from time to time done numerous jobs for us. Now he does have a full time job but he is reliable, knows what he's doing, very reasonable.

It is worthwhile giving him a call you will be very satisfied with his advice and workmanship.
Old 11-05-2016, 01:03 PM

You might want to look into solar lights. I am amazed at the light they create. My friend had one put in the quest bathroom and great room area. The one in the bathroom is so bright that when I exit I find myself constantly going to the light switch to turn the light off only to find it is not on. My friends have used The Solar guys and I am having two lights installed in December. Just a thought.
Closed Thread

Tags
lighting, consultant, light, adding, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.