Lowes, Home Depot & Sears

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Platinum member
Default Lowes, Home Depot & Sears

Which store do you feel has the best after purchase customer service?

I am buying a refrigerator and a gas range/oven and have found models I like on all 3 websites.

Just curious who you feel provides the best customer service in case we have a problem with either appliance.

Thank you.

PS

I never buy appliance insurance/maintenance but am interested in your opinion on that as well -- the stove will probably be in the $7-800 range and the refrigerator in the $1800 - $2000 range.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post

I am buying a refrigerator and a gas range/oven and have found models I like on all 3 websites.

Just curious who you feel provides the best customer service in case we have a problem with either appliance.

I never buy appliance insurance/maintenance but am interested in your opinion on that as well -- the stove will probably be in the $7-800 range and the refrigerator in the $1800 - $2000 range.
We considered Sears, Home Depot and Best Buy. Have you considered Best Buy?
We just brought six Samsung appliance from Best Buy and we love them.
The Samsung appliances sing happy little songs to me when they're done with their task.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:45 PM
Platinum member

Sears wouldn't even be a consideration for me. They are listed at high risk for bankruptcy in 2018.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Sears wouldn't even be a consideration for me. They are listed at high risk for bankruptcy in 2018.
Thank you. So I will discard Sears but now Best Buy might be a contender as well.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
We considered Sears, Home Depot and Best Buy. Have you considered Best Buy?
We just brought six Samsung appliance from Best Buy and we love them.
The Samsung appliances sing happy little songs to me when they're done with their task.
LOL - Happy little songs? That's got to be the clincher.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
LOL - Happy little songs? That's got to be the clincher.
Actually, it's only the dishwasher (so quiet) and the washer and dryer that sing happy little songs when their task is completed.
BK, since you're buying a fridge and stove, you won't get their happy songs.
But we did buy a Samsung gas stove and fridge from Best Buy; and so far, we really like them.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:43 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Actually, it's only the dishwasher (so quiet) and the washer and dryer that sing happy little songs when their task is completed.
BK, since you're buying a fridge and stove, you won't get their happy songs.
But we did buy a Samsung gas stove and fridge from Best Buy; and so far, we really like them.

I'm going to check Best Buy out right now. I'm limited in what I can get since I need under 35.5" in width and most of the fridges I like are 36" or more. Sigh. I'm replacing a side by side (which I abhor) hopefully with a French Door which I really like.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:09 PM
Default Appliances

If your a member of Costco I would give them a look, we just bought a Samsung French door 28 cu ft. Fridge there for our house up north and down here we bought another fridge, washer & dryer there too. The have free delivery, they include the cords, hoses water lines, and free haul away. They also extend the mfg’s warranty by another year. If you have their credit card there is another discount and they also double the warranty. We have 4 yr warranties on our items at no charge.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

BK001, you might also check consumer reports on these appliances so you do not get one with a bad rep, or higher than average repairs.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvalcq View Post
If your a member of Costco I would give them a look, we just bought a Samsung French door 28 cu ft. Fridge there for our house up north and down here we bought another fridge, washer & dryer there too. The have free delivery, they include the cords, hoses water lines, and free haul away. They also extend the mfg’s warranty by another year. If you have their credit card there is another discount and they also double the warranty. We have 4 yr warranties on our items at no charge.

We have also purchased Samsung appliances for our last 2 homes before moving to TV. We purchased a fridge, washer & dryer from Lowe’s in Charlotte before moving here. After 2 years we began experiencing issues with the washer and dryer. We called the local Lowe’s, from which we purchased warrantees. They said there was nothing they could do to help. We then called Samsung. They said there were no authorized repair services in this area.

We went through this 5 times, each time paying out of pocket for repairs.

I love Samsung TVs, but I won’t purchase another appliance because of their failure to follow through on warrantees, and because of numerous electronic issues. We recently renovated our kitchen with a Viking fridge, Bosch dishwasher, and Viking stove. When the washer and dryer finally die, they will not be replaced with Samsung.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-08-2018, 08:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,747 Times in 5,255 Posts

In my opinion, Lowes is the best place to buy appliances. They deliver and install them with their own employees and give you 30 days to report a defect. Home Depot relies on the manufacturer to deliver the appliances, and will not replace it after you accept delivery.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
We have also purchased Samsung appliances for our last 2 homes before moving to TV. We purchased a fridge, washer & dryer from Lowe’s in Charlotte before moving here. After 2 years we began experiencing issues with the washer and dryer. We called the local Lowe’s, from which we purchased warrantees. They said there was nothing they could do to help. We then called Samsung. They said there were no authorized repair services in this area.

We went through this 5 times, each time paying out of pocket for repairs.

I love Samsung TVs, but I won’t purchase another appliance because of their failure to follow through on warrantees, and because of numerous electronic issues. We recently renovated our kitchen with a Viking fridge, Bosch dishwasher, and Viking stove. When the washer and dryer finally die, they will not be replaced with Samsung.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
You purchased extended warranties and Lowe’s would not honor them?
Old 02-08-2018, 10:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Our fridge played a little tune every time I opened it. It was an alarm like I just escaped from Coleman to keep me on the straight and narrow on my diet. Lights and barking dogs just like on Hogans Heros! No weapons aimed at me yet!
Old 02-08-2018, 11:40 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Thank you.

PS

7 months later... still trying to get Home Depot to fix a cabinet they ruined during installation. Have called texted, emailed and been to the store several times in person. Have 17 pages of documentation and still have a broken cabinet. Would NEVER recommend Home Depot...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2018, 12:05 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

I love my Bosch dishwasher!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
service, customer, refrigerator, range, appliance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.