Massey, Mike's Maintenance or somebody else?

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by earickis View Post
We use PTL (Pest, Termite, Lawn) for our yard and bug maintenance. They do a great job. All in one service, fertilizing, yard weed control, termite and bug control. The one thing they don't do in weed the gardens, but that's not a big deal for us. .
We also use PTL and they have expanded their services and now provide weeding the flowerbeds and bush pruning. We have used them for two years and they do a great job!
Old 11-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshoffer View Post
My advice is DITY. (do it yourself)

The nicest lawns in my neighborhood are DITY.

The web has great info on caring for whatever type of lawn you have.
i agree Do it yourself. had Massey got rid of them. do my own lawn and it stays full and green using Scotts weed and feed. Neighbor has Mikes Maint. I would not let them touch anything in my yard.

Just MHO

Money out
Old 11-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Default Mikes Maintance

With due respects to our senior members, I have lived here in TV for 13 years and MM worked for the Villages before being **** caned for bad jobs, not reliable and charging too much money. They tried to go on there own without alot of luck,. as they say let buyer beware.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:20 PM

We own a courtyard villa and have no grass as its all stoned with rocks. My problem is I have used PTL and Massey's. We avoid the summers and go up North. Each time we have found they fail to go out back to weed, feed and treat all our plantings.

Each time we left I put a tape on the door that would rip if the door gets opened to find it still secured upon our return. Does this mean they don't do the front either. We came back in September to a jungle out front with weeds as tall as my roof.

Of course they deny it but we know thats BS. I called Mike's and got told they have a 3 month backup.

So who can U trust but yourselves.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Default Lawn Maint. - my 2cents!

Signed a deal last month with 'All Seasons Pest Control' (Julio Olivares) .... julio's co. does it all - cuts, weeds, trims, ferts. , pest control (in/out)... he is hardworking, small biz owner, with young family.. was recommended by quite a few folks in the Amelia area... so far so good! Proof will be in the pudding... being that he does it all, the price was a win/win for both of us!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:30 PM

I've used Mike's Maintnance for several years and have always been happy with them. I am a snowbird and everytime I come down here, my place looks great. I would highly recommend Mike's!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Location: West Hartford, Farmington, Niantic, CT.... The Villages in 2010!
Smile All Seasons Pest Control

I have been using them for the lawn and shrubs since May... They have been excellent! I am up North and receive a report upon each application. Would recommend to all.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.