Massey and termites

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2019, 11:53 AM
Sage
Default Massey and termites

We are customers of Massey. We’ve had them for almost 7 years now for our bugs and termite control. We received a letter to the effect that they want to come treat for a different kind of termites for 499.00. I’m feeling like it’s a crock and don’t think there is a huge termite problem in The Villages. We were treated already when we moved in and we have regular inspections.

Has anyone else received a letter for something similar and do you think that termites pose a problem here? I know us villagers are easy prey for bull crap talk and I don’t want to be one of them. Thanks for your opinion.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
We are customers of Massey. We’ve had them for almost 7 years now for our bugs and termite control. We received a letter to the effect that they want to come treat for a different kind of termites for 499.00. I’m feeling like it’s a crock and don’t think there is a huge termite problem in The Villages. We were treated already when we moved in and we have regular inspections.

Has anyone else received a letter for something similar and do you think that termites pose a problem here? I know us villagers are easy prey for bull crap talk and I don’t want to be one of them. Thanks for your opinion.
The initial treatment and annual renewal contract with Massey is only good for 5 or 7 years after you purchase a new house. After that, you need a retreatment, and a new contract to cover retreatments and damage. The initial treatment for a new house only treats for subterranean termites, but Massey will try to sell you a higher cost treatment that is supposed to treat for other types of termites as well. Personally, I would not treat for anything other than the basic subterranean termites, but I do maintain a contract for the subterranean termites. If your Massey contract is expired, Massey will "bug" you to death to reinstate the contract because they don't want you to switch companies. You may want to call Dean's and get a quote because they will compete with Massey to get your business. Good luck.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

One of many threads on subject.....

Termites
Old 02-25-2019, 09:06 PM

Switch to Deans. 12 years never a charge for a treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2019, 07:47 AM

Quote:

Seriously? It’s nothing but a scare tactic, I had Massey come out when we purchased our home. A Courtyard Villa
With only shrubs, the salesman was all about selling on emotions”fear is an easy closer. I decided to spray quarterly and never had an issue with pests. My cost is about $25.00 annually. Villagers are easy prey for exterminators just look at all the nice trucks driving around in the villages.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:48 AM
Sage

As a general rule, what you have done is sufficient, however any competent home inspector will advise a buyer to insist on an active termite bond and proof of treatment.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:50 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Massey has been wanting me to add attic treatment for more money. Back home one treatment covers all "wood destroying bugs" in the home.
Closed Thread

Tags
termites, letter, problem, received, massey

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.