"MOLD"..Front load washing machine

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Default Moldy washer...

Yes, the front loaders do get moldy, and yes you do save water! At the grocery store in the detergent isle there are special bleaches that are specifically made to kill the mold in the front load washers, also you have to clean the rubber door seal out. The name of the cleaner that I am using is clorox washing machine cleaner. I use it every month. It keeps your laundry from smelling musty...christine
Old 08-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Sage

Ours is also an LG. It's the best washer we've had also.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:31 AM
Gold member

Our front loaders are in the garage and so far so good. I do laundry first thing in the morning before it gets really hot in there. I had these about a year in California.I always dry the front inside glass and the gasket. I have used Affresh in the past every few months just to make sure it was clean inside. I have a Samsung washer and an LG dryer. I had an LG washer, but it started "walking" after a few months. The drum kept flinging itself from side to side really HARD. Sears needed some convincing that it needed to be replaced, but they finally came around. My personal favorite excuse they gave me was "as long as it is washing your clothes it is doing what it is supposed to do." Walking into my walls did not impress them. LOL I think they get clothes cleaner and softer then other washer/dryers do. Be sure you get detergent that says it is OK for HE..there are LOTS of choices.

Last edited by ladydoc; 08-23-2011 at 06:33 AM. Reason: added
Old 08-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Veteran member

Its a good possibility you have a Maytag Neptune maybe and if you do the drain in the gray colored boot holds water just spray so bleach in that area and it will clean up . Used to repair those and that was the only thing you can do to stop it.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:10 PM

Okay this is what we do. Had a problem the first year but no more. Front loaders need help. They don't tell you this one you buy it!! A repairman told us what was going on. We have an LG as well.

First thing, when done, take the tray out, wipe out that area and leave the tray out. We usually have it set on top of the washer until needed. Make sure you wipe extra water out of your dryer, especially seal. And leave the door open to allow it to dry. And most importantly clean your drum...we use the tide machine cleaner packet. You take the cup out of your tray and poor the powder in the detergent compartment and run the cycle as instructed. This cleans the inside and outside of your drum!! The mold tends to collect on the outside where you can't get to this. We battled this for awhile and the tide machine cleaner has been a lifesaver. Awesome product. We run one once a month. Good luck.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Sage
Default LG

We have an LG front loader and love it. It also has a quick wash cycle which I use always. 28 minutes and your laundry is clean. We don't really get our clothes "dirty" so the quick cycle works. Saves on water and energy. We also have the pedestals for both washer and dryer and love them.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

i use the front loader cleaner every couple weeks, what ever is on sale it helps lots
Old 08-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Default Vote Samsung

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETHPAGE BLACK View Post
Thanks for the information..Unfortuantely I have no choice I must put the units in the garage where it is hot. But sounds like we just need to keep as dry as possible and dring the rubber "thingy". I also heard you really need to use low suds detergent. Sounds like front load is the way to go with the savings on water..Now I need to determine which brand..Heard Samsung is really good..also Whirlpool and LG....Thanks again and any other information you can pass on will also be helpful..Laura
This is our second Samsung front load washer and dryer. Love them! First set conveyed when house sold. Get them with the pedestals. Lots of storage for laundry room stuff. Never considered stacking them as some folks do as I am only 5'3" and can not reach the dials or read settings on dryer which is on the top and I am not about to use a stool. They are a little pricey but I think worth it especially the steam dryer. The new front loaders now have a specific cycle to clean out the detergent residue that can cause odors and mildew.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.