Need sprinkler system help

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2012, 05:49 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp
Default Need sprinkler system help

I am a bit embarrassed to post this, but I cannot seem to program my sprinkler system correctly. I thought for sure I had it set so that it only waters on Monday (my assigned watering day) at 8PM for 20 minutes per zone. But it went on again yesterday (Friday). Is there a contractor I could call that would come out and program it correctly?
Old 05-12-2012, 06:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

You aren't alone. Those are tricky gizmos.

If your home is new, call warranty,your installer will come and explain.

If your home is a resale, ask your lawn person.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:06 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
I am a bit embarrassed to post this, but I cannot seem to program my sprinkler system correctly. I thought for sure I had it set so that it only waters on Monday (my assigned watering day) at 8PM for 20 minutes per zone. But it went on again yesterday (Friday). Is there a contractor I could call that would come out and program it correctly?
Hi Barry. I can scoot over to take a look at it if you want. I had problems with my system in the beginning but I have everything figured out now. Let me know and I'll jump in my golf cart. TOJOPA@aol.com
Old 05-12-2012, 06:11 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
Hi Barry. I can scoot over to take a look at it if you want. I had problems with my system in the beginning but I have everything figured out now. Let me know and I'll jump in my golf cart. TOJOPA@aol.com
Hi Tom, BTW, had a great time at the initial meeting of the LI Club the other day! A few minutes after I posted, my doorbell rang. My next door neighbor saw my post and came over to program it and didn't once call me an idiot! Thanks for the very kind offer! How much do I love this place!!!!!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:40 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Hi Tom, BTW, had a great time at the initial meeting of the LI Club the other day! A few minutes after I posted, my doorbell rang. My next door neighbor saw my post and came over to program it and didn't once call me an idiot! Thanks for the very kind offer! How much do I love this place!!!!!
Keeps your eyes open for other potential Long Islander Group members. Our member list is growing longer every day.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Barry, There is a "Program" button which allows three different watering schemes: A, B, and C. It is very easy to inadvertently activate more than one scheme. Normally, you want or need to have only one scheme (program) active. Press the "Program" button to move from one to the other. "B" and "C" should be "off" and only "A" should show watering activity, i.e. days, start times, run times, etc. Your sprinkler timer is frustrating for most people.

George
Old 05-12-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Oops, just saw that gryoung posted while I was preparing mine. Here it is anyway.

Chances are you are using more than one program. Program A is all you really need to set up. Check to make sure program B is set at OFF, then check program C and do the same. Here is how to do it: Turn the knob to "Watering Start Times." On the left of the screen should be an "A", "B", or "C". If it's an "A", program in the start time. In your case, 8pm. Touch the "PGM" button and when it is "B" or "C" set each at OFF by pressing + until it reads OFF.

Now go back to RUN, wait a couple seconds and move to SET STATION RUN TIMES. Check to make sure that "A" is in the upper left hand corner of your screen. If not, press PRG until it is. Check to make sure your watering times is set at the times you want.

That should do it.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:34 PM
KittyKat
Question

My programmer has developed a mind of its own! I've lived here for 5+ years now & a couple of months ago the sprinkler started coming on at 3pm instead of 3 am. I checked it & was programmed for 3am. Again, it came on at 3pm instead of 3am. This time I checked the clock & noted that it was set for pm instead of am. I had never touched it so not sure how this happened. Then several weeks ago it started coming on at unpredictable times so now I have to turn the system on & off, I can't leave it on run. Someone mentioned in another thread to take the battery out & re-program but I don't know where the battery is & I can't open that smaller door under the main door. Even my brother tried. Is there a trick to getting it opened?
Old 05-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
My programmer has developed a mind of its own! I've lived here for 5+ years now & a couple of months ago the sprinkler started coming on at 3pm instead of 3 am. I checked it & was programmed for 3am. Again, it came on at 3pm instead of 3am. This time I checked the clock & noted that it was set for pm instead of am. I had never touched it so not sure how this happened. Then several weeks ago it started coming on at unpredictable times so now I have to turn the system on & off, I can't leave it on run. Someone mentioned in another thread to take the battery out & re-program but I don't know where the battery is & I can't open that smaller door under the main door. Even my brother tried. Is there a trick to getting it opened?
It snaps on - just like the top door. But sometimes it is very hard to open. Try a little WD-40 to see if that makes it easier to open.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.