Moving light over Dining Room Table to properly center??

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Sage

My light isn't centered, but I moved the table to a 45 degree angle and now it looks fine to be off center, like the table!
Old 04-19-2013, 10:52 AM
theruizs

We use Galaxy for electrical repairs / needs. They have always provided us excellent service at very reasonable rates.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake5798 View Post
I recently moved into an existing Iris. The light over the dining room table is not, in my opinion, properly located for being centered over the table,has anyone had this light repositioned? Who did the work and approx. how much was the cost$.All input appreciated.
I think sometimes the problem is when we add a buffet to dining rooms they get a little tight and maybe we have to move table which makes the light off center??
Old 06-03-2013, 07:38 AM

Used ECI for additional ceiling outlets for fans, extra outlets in bathroom ,etc. Paul Lawson owner of this company is great. Great prices and quick work. I used other electricians when I lived in the Village of Charlotte and spent a fortune for less work. Before you have just one thing done look around at the amount of outlets in the bathroom or anything else you may need. Paul will give you the best price around. He came highly recommended to use and were we glad. Got twice the work done for 1/2 the price, and thats the truth. ECI Tel # 352-245-0098 you will be happy you did.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Is it centered or is it where designed to be?

Dining areas in most homes here are made to accommodate a buffet or server or breakfront against one wall, thus the table is NOT in the center of the room but offset to hold that piece of furniture that many or even most people have.

SO...if you don't like it move it. Costs about a hundred bucks, if you shop for the right contractors. OR swag it, or center it in your design meeting so that in the future you buy a breakfront, or server or buffet you can have it moved back again later.

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-03-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:03 AM

I hired an electrician to move mine, cost $100 and that included the ceiling patch where the old fixture was wired. Well worth it and it looks great now.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Gold member

We moved into our new Iris and found the DR light was not centered over the DR Table. We were working with Roxanne Stafford of Windows Reflections about decorating ideas and mentioned it to her. She had a worker come over and move the light fixture to the center of the DR Table. He used a plumb to locate the center, cut the whole installed a support board, mounted the light and patched and painted the old whole. If I remember it was $85 but it was not expensive. Her number is 352-330-2055. Maybe she will just send him over without hiring her.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Gold member

By the way Roxanne did a great job for us with window treatments.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.