Need input on Motor home storage near The Villages (Marsh Bend)

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2020, 12:44 PM
Default Need input on Motor home storage near The Villages (Marsh Bend)

We are driving our 2011 Itasca Navion 26 foot motor home down to The Villages in early September (we own a home in The Village of Marsh Bend). The coach has always been stored in our polebarn in Michigan so I don't have any experience with what effect outside storage will have in Florida. We found one place for $150 a month that is covered and has battery tender hookup. Another place offers indoor storage with 30 amp service for $195. For $95 we could do storage with no cover.

I'm just looking for input on what it's like storing RV's outside in Florida to see if it's worth the extra expense of indoor storage or covered storage. Is the sun brutal on the RV's and tires? Is the covered storage adequate or is it worth the addition $45 a month for indoor storage? Are there unique critters in Florida I should worry about getting into the RV. In Michigan during winter the big concern is mice.

Thanks.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:37 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Do either the covered or indoor, the sun will take it's toll on the entire unit, inside and out. You can set your AC to come on and off with the 30 amp covered spots which will take care of any humidity build up inside and only one end of your unit will have sun part of the day. I keep mine just north of the turnpike off of 301, I think it's called Secure Covered Storage, they have dumping and a wash bay along with compressed air for tires. They are building more spots in Coleman that is even closer so as soon as they are ready I'll move it down.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:58 AM

Thank you. What would you set your temperature at to keep the air conditioner cycling on and off? Is that better for the air conditioner (exercises it like a generator) or does the extra use decrease the life of the unit?
Old 08-11-2020, 10:30 AM

If you don't mind going a little further north on 441 Safe Harbor RV storage is a bit cheaper than the places near 301/44. We had covered parking on hard pack gravel/dirt and 20 amp power which kept the batteries up but won't run the AC without some risk.

Last edited by jdulej; 08-11-2020 at 10:54 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
storage, covered, indoor, florida, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.