Realtor recommendation?

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Default Realtor recommendation?

Am preparing my house for sale in Arlington Virginia. Expect it to sell over the summer. Need a Village realtor who can work with me by phone, email, and--of course--during a lifestyle visit. Want someone who knows what's up Village-wise and will spend time. Pretty sure I want a pre-owned. Know somebody you'd recommend?
Thanks.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Best of the Best

I highly recommend Bobby Gulati of the Villages. He listens to you then works very hard to get you the most for your money. He's an 11 out of 10 in my book. He is working long distance with my cousin right now.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Sage

I don't have a TV realtor to recommend per se. But I would suggest that if you're interested in covering all the resales available in TV, you'll want to deal with 2 different realtors - one from TV and the other from an MLS organization. A realtor who's part of TV's organization can only represent homes they have listed. The same holds true for an MLS-affiliated realtor. They can't represent one another's listings.

Bill
Old 03-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Jim McLaughlin, originally from Maine, is the person who worked with us on the purchase of our first house and is now helping us find a second house.

He is probably somewhere in his sixties in age, and is very good at answering questions and getting back to you immediately.

We like him very much.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Veteran member

By all means, get a Villages Property realtor as well as a MLS agent. I used ERA/Tom Grizzard agency on Hwy 441 (Mike Herman was the agent). I explained what my requirement were and both agents showed me great homes. I ended up buying from Mike Herman's office.

The Villages Property agents can only show you homes listed by Villages Properties - not MLS. Outside agents can only show MLS homes - not those listed by Villages Properties.

In my opinion, resale is the best way to go.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:13 PM

We used Ron Delk. He took time during our Lifestyle visit and after to show both pre-owned and new. There was no pressure but he was always responsive to our many questions. We definately would recommend him to anyone.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

For a Villages agent I highly recommend Jackie Murphy. She has lived here for 10 years or so - knows the area, really listens, isn't pushy and works hard.

Unlike some TV agents (based on comments made in this forum), she will not "push" you toward a new home....

I disagree with Tbugs on new vs. resale... there is no generic "best" way to go. There are many factors that will let you decide what is best for you...
Old 03-24-2011, 09:38 PM

Another strong vote for Ron Delk of The Villages. We bought 4 years ago and he still checks back to insure all is ok - and it is.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:31 AM

From start to finish of purchasing a home strictly by internet only, including closing in my own State I used http://lylegant.mfr.mlxchange.com/ . Everything worked out smoothly and closed in less than a month. He has also learned a lot about Veterans so I call him Master Sarge now. Has always answered my calls when needed.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:17 AM
Default Another vote for Ron Delk

Ron Delk, salesperson with The Villages, was great! We bought sight unseen over the phone and I wouldn't hesitate to use Ron again. And he follows up with us, too, from time to time.

walkr
Old 03-25-2011, 09:03 AM
Veteran member
Smile

ANother vote for Ron Delk! He is fantastic and gives you all the time you need.

Becky
Old 03-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Default realtor

Kathie Actis, sales and Marketing Rep. with the Villages. She is patient,caring and truthful . her Toll free # is 800-346-4556. You'll be glad .
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.