Ooma Phone System

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Gold member

I looked at this quickly but i think that when i retire i am just going to get rid of the phone in my home and only have cell phones for my wife and myself. hat is the downside to this that I am not thinking about ?
Old 07-02-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
I looked at this quickly but i think that when i retire i am just going to get rid of the phone in my home and only have cell phones for my wife and myself. hat is the downside to this that I am not thinking about ?
Cell service is not as reliable as having a phone in your home. We have friends with Verizon and AT&T service and both indicate their cell phone calls keep breaking up, sometimes have to go outside to get a better connection. Good luck!
Old 07-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTgolfer View Post
Cell service is not as reliable as having a phone in your home. We have friends with Verizon and AT&T service and both indicate their cell phone calls keep breaking up, sometimes have to go outside to get a better connection. Good luck!
Our home in Buttonwood is good, not great, for Verizon and T-Mobile reception.

But if you have a high speed internet connection and don't mind $3.47 month then go with Ooma. Small price for constant clear reception.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:45 AM
Thumbs up

I've posted elsewhere about OOMA. As a former Vonage user and MagicJack trial user, I can attest that OOMA makes more sense. Not familiar with the $3.47/month charge, as I only pay $11.75/yr in taxes, but then I've had my unit over a year. Kept my Google number (Ohio) when I came down here, but changed my OOMA number to a FL number. Cell number, for the time being, is still Ohio. Will probably reconfigure at a later date, but for me, OOMA is the cheapest and most reliable VOIP system out there.

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."----John Wesley
Old 08-08-2011, 08:58 AM

Now if only we can find a reliable cable company that doesn't want to increase rates ever other month.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.