Beware of Corban Construction

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2015, 05:39 PM
Default Beware of Corban Construction

i hired Corban Construction to replace my lanai with an addition. The project was to take 2 months after construction began. It took over 5 months.
Delays resulted from: lack of attention to the written contract and attached architectural drawings approved by the TV-ARC and Sumter Co. Bldg Dept; in attention to details; failure to order the windows and door timely; lack of supervision during work; and lack of quality-checks after completion of a stage in construction, such as concrete, electrical, plumbing, wallboard and spray-texture, siding, and etc. Additional delays resulted from a lack of or poor inspection of products prior to their installation; i.e., products that were damaged or wrong/poor quality were installed, then removed after homeowner's complaints and good replacements installed.

The owner is a nice guy, but being nice doesn't mean the work is good or on time.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:49 PM

Another TOTV "kiss of death" for a contractor who does not treat a Villager fairly. You would think they would learn that seniors mean business and demand to be treated honestly.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:10 PM
Sage

I've seen many additions being built in and near my area that took longer than it took to build the original house. It seems many contractors start a job, then disappear for weeks at a time. Then they will show up for a day or two then gone again for quite a long time.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:35 PM

Sorry for your troubles, but that's why folks should call Seniors vs Crime here in the Villages before hiring anyone for any $ amount, you can ask if there's any complaints against the vendor. That might help with your hiring decision. Seniors vs Crime hours are Tues-Thurs. 10-2 pm. Phone # 689-4600 xten. 4606
Old 02-23-2015, 09:06 PM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove
Default Sad Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterSun View Post
i hired Corban Construction to replace my lanai with an addition. The project was to take 2 months after construction began. It took over 5 months.
Delays resulted from: lack of attention to the written contract and attached architectural drawings approved by the TV-ARC and Sumter Co. Bldg Dept; in attention to details; failure to order the windows and door timely; lack of supervision during work; and lack of quality-checks after completion of a stage in construction, such as concrete, electrical, plumbing, wallboard and spray-texture, siding, and etc. Additional delays resulted from a lack of or poor inspection of products prior to their installation; i.e., products that were damaged or wrong/poor quality were installed, then removed after homeowner's complaints and good replacements installed.

The owner is a nice guy, but being nice doesn't mean the work is good or on time.
So sorry to hear....that has to be very stressful. By any chance does your home back up to St. Charles? If so, I've seen that project struggle along for months....Hope things get better for you. Lack of supervision can definitely snowball into the disappointment you described. At a point you just want them off your property...
Old 02-24-2015, 08:38 AM

Try Gingerich Construction next time. They are a textbook of how perfectly things can be done.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.