Overcharges by Comcast

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Platinum member
Default Overcharges by Comcast

We have had Comcast for years, and in the past, the only complaint we have had was the constant increases of charges.

Until now. Each month they bill us for one or two movies on ppv that we did not order. We have NEVER ordered a PPV movie. I call, they say they gave us credit, but a few months later, that credit was denied and we were billed again.

Is anyone else having this problem? I doubt if we are the only ones with this false charge.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Comcast is just a horrible company to do business with. There service is the worst in any industry. I wish there was a viable alternative. The product usually works fine, but it ends there. Billing is always messed up, call and ask a question and you may as well go down to the lake and ask the alligator. Need something changed? Give your grand daughter a sledge hammer and let her try. Better results and more likely to be correct.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Location: Utica, New York, Plantation, Florida, The Villages, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
We have had Comcast for years, and in the past, the only complaint we have had was the constant increases of charges.

Until now. Each month they bill us for one or two movies on ppv that we did not order. We have NEVER ordered a PPV movie. I call, they say they gave us credit, but a few months later, that credit was denied and we were billed again.

Is anyone else having this problem? I doubt if we are the only ones with this false charge.
I couldn't believe when I read your post.....same thing has happened to me the past 2 months...and like you, we have never ever ordered ppv.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Great I am a Comcast stockholder
Old 07-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Comcast is just a horrible company to do business with. There service is the worst in any industry. I wish there was a viable alternative. The product usually works fine, but it ends there. Billing is always messed up, call and ask a question and you may as well go down to the lake and ask the alligator. Need something changed? Give your grand daughter a sledge hammer and let her try. Better results and more likely to be correct.
You're right, it's extremely agitating to deal with them. I called to ask why PBS Channel 4 suddenly turned into a Spanish language station and where was the PBS channel. Never did get an answer. Could have been speaking to someone in Siberia.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Sage

Haven't had the PPV problem and haven't had problems with the company or their service.

Notices for channel changes are generally sent via a MESSAGE on your cable box. You'll find a little red light near the time/channel window when there's a message. Go to the Menu and scroll to messages. There you'll read info about what's happening or specials.

Everyone wants something different from their television provider. For what we want, Direct TV, Prism and I'll make the assumption about Dish, don't offer what we need. Comcast does.

I will admit that you don't necessarily get the correct answer to questions for our particular area...maybe because when you contact Comcast, you don't necessarily get a local office. Make sure you're speaking with someone who can give you info for OUR area....not all areas have the same options available.

Last edited by pooh; 07-21-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

here is the comcast tele i use re my fl service: 352.687.2758

Old 07-21-2011, 07:15 PM

That 687-2758 is the Spruce Office its not there main office, all they do there is give you new products or take in old Comcast products.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdills View Post
That 687-2758 is the Spruce Office its not there main office, all they do there is give you new products or take in old Comcast products.
that is the tele i used to make all of the arrangements for our service when it was new; and where i made the arrangements fo our service upgrade when we return this winter. have never had to contact comcast re incorrect billing. i schedule my vacation and activation dates thru the 800 number [and always get the promo rate at the time of same! :-)].

if a cust serv rep at that # cannot assist - perhaps they can transfer a caller to a local office that can help!

Old 07-21-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
You're right, it's extremely agitating to deal with them. I called to ask why PBS Channel 4 suddenly turned into a Spanish language station and where was the PBS channel. Never did get an answer. Could have been speaking to someone in Siberia.
You probably were! or
Suzanne
Old 07-22-2011, 08:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb Too Many Problems

I believe Comcast has the formula for failure. They charge way over what is reasonable, they can't respond to customer needs on a timely basis and the competition is moving in. My guess is that as soon as a reasonable competitor gains a foothold in The Villages Comcast will loose big business.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.