Painted driveway questions

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Gold member
Default ainted driveways

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvmyPug2 View Post
I'm curious to know more about painted driveways. I like the look but is it purely for aesthetic reasons folks have it done or are there other reasons to do it? What upkeep is required? How much do they typically charge to paint a driveway?
I have never known anyone that was satisfied with driveway paint after a few years. Gas, oil and many other chemicals that drip from autos will destroy the finish.

I strongly recomment the liquid concrete application that I presently have on my driveway. Nothing mars the surface. I would strongly if the liquid concrete is chosen, you choose Florida Deck to apply the coating.
352-348-21150 or 352-561-0612
Old 06-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I agree with you. But I must be the other only person in TV who thinks this way.

I have seen only two or three driveways I truly, TRULY loved.

And...you don't have to have them done. Nothing bad is gonna happen to your driveway.
And I agree too. So there are three of us. I'm going to have pressure washing only, as needed.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:47 PM

We had our current driveway painted 5 years ago and it still looks as good as the day it was done. I have not seen another driveway that I like better. All tire tracks, dirt etc. just wash right off with the hose, no scrubbing. We haven't had to reseal it yet and it hasn't faded. The fellow that did it was "Larry," an independent contractor. He is out of business now due to bad health and aging, but we had him do the driveway at our first house and it still looks good, too. Must just be the good work that "Larry" did.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,917 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl View Post
We had our current driveway painted 5 years ago and it still looks as good as the day it was done. I have not seen another driveway that I like better. All tire tracks, dirt etc. just wash right off with the hose, no scrubbing. We haven't had to reseal it yet and it hasn't faded. The fellow that did it was "Larry," an independent contractor. He is out of business now due to bad health and aging, but we had him do the driveway at our first house and it still looks good, too. Must just be the good work that "Larry" did.
Please try to show us a picture. You scroll down and go to attachments and then find a picture on your computer and then press upload. It used to work for me, but the last time I tried it, I had to download a picture of my bottlebrush plants to my album on here. So I hope you can get it to work because we would love to see a picture.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Location: Living in Buttonwood. lived in New York our entire lives.
Unhappy Beware of Ron Carnes d.b.a Decorative Concrete Patterns

Keep away from this contractor. He is not dependable, did not do the job as contracted. He wanted money up front, but did not complete the job to our satisfaction. He oversprayed the paint onto decorative stones, bushes and on the aluminum trim on the lanai. He wanted more money to correct what he did wrong. When we refused, he walked away.
BEWARE!!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Gold member
Default driveway paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvmyPug2 View Post
I'm curious to know more about painted driveways. I like the look but is it purely for aesthetic reasons folks have it done or are there other reasons to do it? What upkeep is required? How much do they typically charge to paint a driveway?
First "DON"T PAINT YOUR DRIVEWAY" !!!!!!!!!!!! There is a much better product being used, it is called liquid concrete. My first application was paint. I now have the liquid concrete, no comparison. Florida Deck does a fantastic job doing this work.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirlov View Post
Hello. We would like to have our driveway painted to cover stains that seem impossible to remove. We like the textured look and don't want a slippery material. Does anyone have any suggestions for contractors and the approx. price? Thanks so much.
We just used Amy Newsom to paint our lanai, and I know she paints garages and driveways as well. She's reasonable, does great work and is wonderful to work with. Send me a message and I'll be glad to give you her telephone number
Old 02-20-2013, 05:15 PM

If you want a money pit go ahead and have your drive painted..We spent $7k to have ours done and it looks great as long as you have it maintained annually..Pavers are a better alternative..
Old 02-26-2013, 11:20 PM

Paint or stain on the garage floor which is best. And for the garage is it stain or epoxy. I am concerned about the garage becoming slippery when wet. Any input helpful.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl View Post
was your driveway painted- and what did you have done to your garage was it stain or epoxy paint
Old 02-26-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyCakes View Post
We just used Amy Newsom to paint our lanai, and I know she paints garages and driveways as well. She's reasonable, does great work and is wonderful to work with. Send me a message and I'll be glad to give you her telephone number
can you please supply AMY's phone number- thanks
Old 02-27-2013, 12:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,937 Times in 792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I agree with you. But I must be the other only person in TV who thinks this way.

I have seen only two or three driveways I truly, TRULY loved.

And...you don't have to have them done. Nothing bad is gonna happen to your driveway.
I agree with Gracie. Plus I think we northerners find the painting or coating of driveways detrimental to the ability of the snow plow to do its job!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:27 AM

just stay away from a guy named Wade, Vanilla Concrete. Ripped us off for $300 and yes we went to the sherriff.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I agree with Gracie. Plus I think we northerners find the painting or coating of driveways detrimental to the ability of the snow plow to do its job!
Also, I think we are more used to the "frost heave" design.....
Hubby has to "seal" the blacktop every summer.........

Up here we know that all the labor that might lovingly go into a brick path or walkway is wasted........once winter arrives.....and the sub zero temps set in.

Truthfully, I have never seen such beautiful driveways, whether pavers or painted, in my life......as we did in The Villages. Very attractive.
Something to look forward to.......
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.