Part time help

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd
Default Part time help

Got an idea that I wonder if anyone has done or considered. I have 3 homes in TV. I pay to have 3 lawns mowed. I pay Massey to spray the perimeter every 3 months and wipe down the cob webs once a month. I pay someone to trim my shrubs every 3 months and weed my beds and replace mulch. I hire someone to fix my sprinklers once or twice a year. And when ever I am in TV I always have another 8 things on my "to do" list like fixing a faucet, changing a battery, adjusting the irrigation, spreading mulch, fertilizing lawns and shrubs, painting something, and on and on.

I even have a check list for each home that spreads things out so that it all gets done and have thought that when I get there full time it is about a one day a week job. There has to be a whole lot of people who have retired who would like a one day a week job who over the years have learned all those skills. I got all the tools, mower, edgers, hedge trimmers, hand tools, and everything someone would need to do this.

So a couple of questions? Does anyone else do this and how has it worked out? Are there people with these skills available who want a part time job one day a week? What is the going rate for something like this? Other pro's and con's?
Old 06-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Dee may be able to do it

Have you asked Dee, Redwitch, if she can do it. I think she does this type of thing already. Try PMing her.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I use Dee for home watch and will continue. She does a few of these things. She does not mow and fertilizer lawns, spray foundations, fix faucets leaks, paint, and several of the other things I hire and do myself. I would want a general handyman who has the at a minimum the same skills I have. Or most of mine and a few I am not so good at.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.