patio slider door repair

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2018, 09:25 PM
Default patio slider door repair

I am looking for recommendations for someone to replace the bottom tracks on my 6 foot slider doors.

bjwdk1@embarqmail.com
Old 06-20-2018, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by refeik View Post
I am looking for recommendations for someone to replace the bottom tracks on my 6 foot slider doors.
I cannot imagine what could go wrong that the bottom track need to be replaced, a more common problem is the rollers in the sliders go bad and need to be replaced. however, if you are correct and the bottom track is bad, call home warranty, and get the name of the original installer, and the original make/model of the sliders. Contact the original installer for the replacement. For our house this was Romac.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I cannot imagine what could go wrong that the bottom track need to be replaced, a more common problem is the rollers in the sliders go bad and need to be replaced. however, if you are correct and the bottom track is bad, call home warranty, and get the name of the original installer, and the original make/model of the sliders. Contact the original installer for the replacement. For our house this was Romac.
I did replace the rollers not long ago. The lower tracks have "humps and valleys" that severely affect the opening of the door.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

AHH, now I understand, then use my previous suggestion as you will need to match what you have for the sliders to work correctly.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:55 AM

Call - Steven Van Es - 352.245.3013 and ask him, he replaced our rollers at a fair price.

Also you can search “slider track cover,” there are steel covers that pop over the existing rails to smooth them out.

Last edited by Blackie; 06-20-2018 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:11 PM
Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
Call - Steven Van Es - 352.245.3013 and ask him, he replaced our rollers at a fair price.

Also you can search “slider track cover,” there are steel covers that pop over the existing rails to sloth them out.

Learned something new today.
Thank you for that tip!
slider track cover, - Google Search
Closed Thread

Tags
slider, bottom, tracks, bjwdk1@embarqmail.com, doors

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.