Plumber

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2022, 09:32 AM
Default Plumber

Just had Village Plumber in for a repair. I found Michael prompt, courteous, and friendly. He explained everything to me and also made some suggestions. The fee was very reasonable. I would highly recommend this company.
Old 10-18-2022, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by natjos View Post
Just had Village Plumber in for a repair. I found Michael prompt, courteous, and friendly. He explained everything to me and also made some suggestions. The fee was very reasonable. I would highly recommend this company.
Agreed. We had some issues and called Village Plumber. Prompt, friendly, informative and reasonable.
Old 10-21-2022, 02:12 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

I just so happened to be in need of a plumber when I saw this the other day, I called them and they advised they would be at hour home between 1:00 and 3:00 on Friday, today. I called at 3:05 as I never heard from them. They advised they had an emergency in the morning but were unable to tell me why they didn't call to change my appointment. In my book, they are as worthless as the other plumbers I have called, none of them really give a D---- if you wait for them and they never show up. Pipes Dream and Torreys did the exact same thing, 3 plumbers in one week, all having good reviews and still have not seen one of them.
Old 10-21-2022, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Pretty much echoes our experience with Village Plumber.
Old 11-14-2022, 12:17 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I just so happened to be in need of a plumber when I saw this the other day, I called them and they advised they would be at hour home between 1:00 and 3:00 on Friday, today. I called at 3:05 as I never heard from them. They advised they had an emergency in the morning but were unable to tell me why they didn't call to change my appointment. In my book, they are as worthless as the other plumbers I have called, none of them really give a D---- if you wait for them and they never show up. Pipes Dream and Torreys did the exact same thing, 3 plumbers in one week, all having good reviews and still have not seen one of them.
We could not agree more ! Same experiences, just awful, VERY expensive, and the worst part, not even FIXED ! Had all of the very same companies you mentioned. The bill to fix a dripping faucet on the kitchen sink, and a dripping faucet in one bath was astronomical (no other "work" done). Unfortunately the local Ace does not carry the cartridge like fittings for our Delta faucets or it would be a quick and very inexpensive fix. The very next day the "fixed" faucets slowly began to drip again. The company who "fixed" it the last time never returned multiple calls... as to what is going on, we have no idea, but a "real" plumber ... do they even exist in this area ?
Old 11-14-2022, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,251 Posts

This thread isn't very helpful. Two posters say that Village Plumber is great and two say they are awful. Have I got that correct?

Is there a tie breaker?
Old 11-15-2022, 12:44 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Whenever I read a recommendation, the first thing I check is credibility. IMHO, 17 posts in 12 years is somewhat unusual. Did Michael also suggest posting on TOTV?
Old 11-15-2022, 08:37 PM
Default Well...

I dont know about those mentioned in this thread. All I know is that we have had a hot water bought and installed by Roger A Pearce Installation as well as other plumbing work done. Excellent all the way around. Response, price, workmanship, and overall job well done. Highly recommend. 352-572-8954
Old 11-15-2022, 08:38 PM

meant to say hot water heater.
Closed Thread

Tags
plumber, recommend, highly, reasonable, fee

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.