driveway painting

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Unhappy driveway painting

Does anyone have info about "Decorative Concrete Patterns" and/or "Ron Carnes"? He claims to have 15 years experience in TV but was unaware that each individual courtyard villa owner must submit an ARC application PRIOR to having their driveway/walkway done; thought that once a courtyard villa coomplex was approved he was free to go. He also wants 50% payment UP FRONT, a big NO-NO in my opinion.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:13 PM

wouldn't give him a dime.Look in paper and call fla. deck no up front money
Old 06-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Veteran member

Check out Amy Newsome--she did an awesome job for us and no $$ upfront. Put her name in the search box for contact info.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Default Driveway painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyc6 View Post
Check out Amy Newsome--she did an awesome job for us and no $$ upfront. Put her name in the search box for contact info.
Sorry I can't say the same thing about Amy. I would highly recommend that if you use her, you NOT pay anything until the job is 100% done. She did my driveway last week and completed everything but the last step. She only had to do the sealer and said she would be back in the morning to do that. Until then, everything, (except for rain delays), had gone according to plan so when she asked us to pay her, we did, assuming we wouldn't have a problem with the sealer. Well, she added too much shark grip to the sealer and left white spots all over the driveway. I told her about it and to put it mildly, her attitude was not the same as before we paid her. She said she would come back and pressure wash the driveway because the additive accumulated in numerous places. She did come back but instead of pressure washing the entire driveway as I knew it needed, she walked around looking for spots. I waited for it to dry and found that many of the spots were still there so I had to call her back AGAIN. I can sum up my experience in two words: NEVER AGAIN
Old 06-29-2012, 08:55 PM

I had Amy Newsom come out to do an estimate on Driveway stain. She did come out but told me I had to submit the ARC application myself which I did. After that she made an appointment to come out for design but never showed up or called. I left my last message this AM and have not received a response from her. I assume that she has enough business and can afford to turn jobs down. She even left some measuring equipment behind which she never picked up.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:01 AM
Veteran member

The way to go with any concrete or lanai painting or garage epoxy project is Superior Concrete Design by Woody. He's meticulous, honest and fabulous! Won't take a penny up front, stands behind his work, has the nicest helper (Fabi) and will custom design your driveway or work from your idea. Also, he'll try to color match your driveway using the little trim paint cans left by your builder (if you still have them). We just can't give him higher recommendation. He did our driveway, garage and lanai. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to see the work he did.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Sage

Just curious, what are these contractors quoting for this type of work?
Old 06-30-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmauncc View Post
Does anyone have info about "Decorative Concrete Patterns" and/or "Ron Carnes"? He claims to have 15 years experience in TV but was unaware that each individual courtyard villa owner must submit an ARC application PRIOR to having their driveway/walkway done; thought that once a courtyard villa coomplex was approved he was free to go. He also wants 50% payment UP FRONT, a big NO-NO in my opinion.
Well, looking him up on the Lake County Sheriff's website I'd find another "contractor".
Old 06-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesoffh View Post
The way to go with any concrete or lanai painting or garage epoxy project is Superior Concrete Design by Woody. He's meticulous, honest and fabulous! Won't take a penny up front, stands behind his work, has the nicest helper (Fabi) and will custom design your driveway or work from your idea. Also, he'll try to color match your driveway using the little trim paint cans left by your builder (if you still have them). We just can't give him higher recommendation. He did our driveway, garage and lanai. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to see the work he did.
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto
Skip 2
Old 06-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Just curious, what are these contractors quoting for this type of work?
We paid $2800 which included driveway, walkway, lanai and epoxy garage floor.
Skip 2
Old 06-30-2012, 11:22 AM
Sage

Skip all those areas were epoxy correct
Old 08-07-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiamp1 View Post
Sorry I can't say the same thing about Amy. I would highly recommend that if you use her, you NOT pay anything until the job is 100% done. She did my driveway last week and completed everything but the last step. She only had to do the sealer and said she would be back in the morning to do that. Until then, everything, (except for rain delays), had gone according to plan so when she asked us to pay her, we did, assuming we wouldn't have a problem with the sealer. Well, she added too much shark grip to the sealer and left white spots all over the driveway. I told her about it and to put it mildly, her attitude was not the same as before we paid her. She said she would come back and pressure wash the driveway because the additive accumulated in numerous places. She did come back but instead of pressure washing the entire driveway as I knew it needed, she walked around looking for spots. I waited for it to dry and found that many of the spots were still there so I had to call her back AGAIN. I can sum up my experience in two words: NEVER AGAIN
Update: Amy came by our home this morning because she heard there was a negative comment on TOTV regarding her work at our home. We told her about the particular instances that we were referring to and she apologized ~ we chalked it up to bad days! While she was here she noticed there were still some marks in the topcoat and power washed them while she was here. Long story short ~ she had the integrity to come back and make "good" regarding our situation. We appreciate that!
Old 10-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Default feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2MySue View Post
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto
Skip 2
Please provide The phone number for Superior Concrete Design?

It has BEEN SOME TIME SINCE YOUR DRIVEWAY WAS DONE, WHAT IS THE CURRENT STATE OF YOU DRIVEWAY.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.