Village Airport Van

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2018, 07:20 AM
Default Village Airport Van

Terrible experience with this company and will not use their services again. The van was 40 minutes late picking me up from Sanford airport. We then went to Orlando airport to pick up more passengers. Very poorly organized.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbaby View Post
Terrible experience with this company and will not use their services again. The van was 40 minutes late picking me up from Sanford airport. We then went to Orlando airport to pick up more passengers. Very poorly organized.
Sorry for your experience, used them once to get to Sanford, never again, 3 hours to get there (went to Orlando first), and 3.5 hours to get back (sanford, then orlando). I only used them because I had an early flight. I now just drive directly (1.5 hours typical) and leave the car. For trips under a week, I save money.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,942 Times in 2,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbaby View Post
you're lucky to find service to Stanford, really no easy way to get there. Either cross country on single lane roads or down to Orlando and up 4. If you go private service, just make sure you book well in advance in the future.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:00 AM

We probably have 50 rides with them to Orlando Airport. Almost always, it is a great service.

Sanford is in the middle of nowhere. Nobody else even attempts to provide service there. If fact, I could not even find public transportation out there.

The Village Van service tries to provide service but there are so few passengers that they cannot afford to provide direct service without stopping at Orlando's airport.

If we are only gone for a week out of Sanford, we drive down and park. Parking isn't really that expensive. Other times we have actually rented a Hertz to get home for $100 and turn it in up at Spanish Springs.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:38 PM
Gold member

There are many private car service drivers who charge just about the same as the Villages Van and pick up you, and only you, door to door. We'll never use anything else again.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 03-22-2018, 03:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
There are many private car service drivers who charge just about the same as the Villages Van and pick up you, and only you, door to door. We'll never use anything else again.
Only two now I think? Again better book early as possible?
Old 03-22-2018, 09:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I have a list of over 10 car services that have been recommended by friends and fellow travelers. We like Gaston the best.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 03-22-2018, 10:12 PM
Gold member

I have a friend who visits every 6 months. Her flights arrive at 0500 in Orlando, so I have paid for the shuttle rather than get up at 0330 to go pick her up. We always take her to the airport for her return flight, as they are always in the afternoon.

Her experience with The Villages Airport Van was excellent the first few times. But when she came in the fall she had to wait an hour at MCO for the shuttle to pick her up. Of course waiting from 0500 to 0600 was brutal. I do not want her to have that experience again. It sounds like I better make other arrangements for her visit next month.

It's too bad. They were so accommodating and prompt the first few times! Word spreads fast here and they will find their business suffers as a result of cutting back on customer service.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:56 AM

Their service is fine and for the most part very consistent. I have used them upwards of a hundred times over the past two years (yes still working full time) with very few hiccups. If you are looking for a one hour door to door service than I suggest driving yourself. As I said if you travel with them enough you can almost set your watch by how long it will take.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I have a list of over 10 car services that have been recommended by friends and fellow travelers. We like Gaston the best.
Would you mind posting Gaston's contact info?

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 03-23-2018, 12:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
We'll share! Why be stingy! I sure other people want options and the drivers want the business.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:25 PM
Platinum member

Before you hop in a Village Airport Van, take a look at the tires....just saying.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I have 11 names of private guys. There are a few more I just don’t need them. Never had a problem booking even short notice
Old 03-23-2018, 10:06 PM
Sage

is there a service where you book a chauffeur?

The driver arrives at your house at the appointed time. You pack your car the night before. The chauffeur drives or you drive your own car to the airport. The driver returns your car to your house and keeps the keys. Then picks you up at the appointed time when you return once again driving your car.

How much an hour would you pay for that kind of service?

Or if friends are coming in the chauffeur would use your car to pick them up or drop them off. It doesn't matter to the chauffeur how many are in the car. It's your car.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
is there a service where you book a chauffeur?

The driver arrives at your house at the appointed time. You pack your car the night before. The chauffeur drives or you drive your own car to the airport. The driver returns your car to your house and keeps the keys. Then picks you up at the appointed time when you return once again driving your car.

How much an hour would you pay for that kind of service?

Or if friends are coming in the chauffeur would use your car to pick them up or drop them off. It doesn't matter to the chauffeur how many are in the car. It's your car.
Have not heard of this service, but personally I would not give free range of my car to someone I did not know

Tags
airport, van, sanford, picking, orlando

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.