Quartz countertop

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2012, 09:23 AM
Default Quartz countertop

We are wanting to replace our kitchen and bathroom countertops with quartz.
What quartz do you recommend? i.e. Cambria, CaesarStone, Zodiaq, Silestone

Do you recommend a particular place to buy and install?
Old 02-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Sage

I might be wrong......but I think "quartz is quartz". Don't know that one manufacturer produces a product that differs from any other. We looked at them all several years back and ended up going with HanStone.

Hanwha Surfaces | HanStone Quartz

Best thing would probably be to try to find the best color/type/style that suits you and go from there.

Bill
Old 02-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Default quartz

We have had 2 dealers tell us that Cambria is the way to go. We are wondering if anyone out there has done quartz countertops and what they used and thought about it. Also, we are trying to find the best dealer/installer in the area of The Villages.
Is anyone familiar with Kitchen and Bath of Ocala in the Santa Fe Crossing? Has anyone worked with them and had them do work? If so, were you satisfied?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Sage

After much vacillating, we chose the Quartz. I did a lot of googling on it and from what I can tell, what Bill said is correct. One is not "better" then the other. Once you choose Quartz, the choice is really, what company has the color/type/style you like...

I made the choice when building our home. I was undecided and looked to the Design Rep for assistance. She said that anyone who had ever had Quartz wouldn't have anything else. I pulled the trigger.

It's in and to be honest... I love it! Good thing, because I'm stuck with it.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:14 AM

We have Silestone and very happy that there is no maintenance involved. Choose that brand due to color. Purchased through Home Depot and satisfied.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:53 AM

Same here! Home Depot and Silestone
Old 02-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Default Silestone is the winner!

I have had silestone in 2 homes, and would not choose anything else. It is great, no maintanance, and is sealed. It will not hold bacteria, will not stain, and looks great!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

I have Zodiaq quartz in "Swimdawg North". It was all about color contrast. I have cherry cabinets up north and I wanted light-colored counter tops. The granite choices were too dark or had odd colors in the granite that I personally didn't care for. Silestone choices of quartz didn't offer the look I really wanted. Zodiaq seemed to have more choices.....but that was six years ago.

I have granite in "Swimdawg South" and I love it. It's perfect for my "light and bright beachy look". It almost has a sand-type look to it.

You can't go wrong with either quartz or granite.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.