Question on window Awnings

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Default Question on window Awnings

Thinking of getting window awnings for our villa. Does anyone have awnings on their house? If so do you like them and do they help at all with rain coming in the windows?
Old 07-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Sage

First..................welcome to TOTV!!!

The deed restrictions document for our Patio Villa in Duval states: "No arbor, trellis, gazebo, pergola (or similar item), awning, fence, barrier, wall, or structure of any kind or nature shall be placed on the property without prior written approval of the Declarant". The Declarant would be the developer.

So it's not saying you can't put up window awnings - you'd have to get approval in writing from the developer beforehand.

Deed restrictions are specific to where the home is located. They can differ somewhat from area to area.

Bill
Old 07-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullynnchetti View Post
Thinking of getting window awnings for our villa. Does anyone have awnings on their house? If so do you like them and do they help at all with rain coming in the windows?
We have a retractable awning to keep the sun out. I don't see the need to have an awning to keep rain out as that has not been a problem. If you do have a problem with rain coming in the windows I am sure an awning would help. However, I would recommend correcting the problem with sealant.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Bosoxfan

Welcome aboard !
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.