real estate commision

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2018, 01:17 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Get it in writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
"One of our realtors" -- are you referring to a Villages sales rep? And she was the listing agent and the selling agent? And you got it in writing? And her name is???
Real estate law is interesting. All that matters is what is written.

Never forget the agent you are ridding with is a commissioned sales person. You typically say something like I really like this house let's put in a low bid of....... we can always come up.

Privy to what you said, the sales person tell the seller-who is paying commission-the person they are actually working for. They offer ........ but they will go up.

They will tell you about code of ethics. Not in Florida. The market really stunk. We went looking for a larger home than ours. We made an offer, a fair offer at the time, on a house. We had a large down payment, approved mortgage etc. We later found the house was sold for 20-30,000 LESS
than our offer. ALL IS HONEST-EXCEPT THAT IT IS NOT.
Likely some CASH exchanged hands. I turned it all over to the real estate board. They wanted me to come in and testify. They told me about penalties etc. I asked the logical questions who gets the money? It goes to the real estate board was the reply. So they expected me to spend money, loose a days pay to possibly clean up a small part of their act.
THANKS BUT NO THANKS.
Closed Thread

Tags
fees, negotiate, sellers, fyi, found

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.