Recommendations for kitchen appliances

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2018, 07:15 PM
Default Recommendations for kitchen appliances

Replacing kitchen appliances
need recommendations
Home Dept - Lowe's - Best Buy
Which brand is most reliable? How about service?
Old 08-31-2018, 07:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Not sure of the best place to buy, but LG makes good stuff.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

I would try some independent sources, like consumer reports. You will get lots of complaints about the Whirlpool appliances the developer typically provides. In general I would rate these about average, we are on our 3rd ice maker in 5 years, at $200 each! IMHO, the more gadgets you get on the appliances the more problems you are going to have. Also, IMHO, stay away from any appliance that is internet (aka wifi) connected. In general these lack security, and I have know idea what you maybe opening up to from a security standpoint.
Good luck with your quest.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleudeturquoise View Post
Replacing kitchen appliances
need recommendations
Home Dept - Lowe's - Best Buy
Which brand is most reliable? How about service?
Home depot. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Sent dishwasher to be installed, something broken, could not install. Sent another dishwasher. Something broken, could not install. Sent microwave, installer wrecked kitchen paint job by dropping microwave on stove and smashing. Ruined upper kitchen cabinet in the process. SEVEN months later and after more than 50 phone calls, emails and visits in person to Home Depot, issue finally resolved. And people wonder why I went from blonde to gray...would never ever ever ever recommend Home Depot. Ever. Peace out!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2018, 02:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,251 Posts

I think that Lowes has their own delivery truck and installers, unlike Home Depot. So, I would prefer to buy from Lowes. I have been satisfied with the Whirlpool appliances, and there is a warranty and repair company in Orlando who regularly serves The Villages. It is Fields Appliance. A neighbor had a Samsung washer, and it was almost impossible to get a warranty repair performed.
Old 09-01-2018, 01:52 PM
Veteran member

If you open a Lowe's credit card you get 5% off their regular prices (even for sale items).

Quality control, in general, sucks these days. If you read online reviews for almost any product your head will want to explode. Four people will give something 4 or 5 stars and then someone gives it 1 or 2, saying it died immediately. Everything is made in China and it is cheaper for the big box stores to just give you a new appliance if yours is DOA.

Good luck.

kathy
Old 09-01-2018, 02:08 PM

Check with Setzer's Appliances in Ocala. When we moved here two years ago, we purchased a Speed Queen washer and dryer from them. They delivered to the Villages for a fee that I thought was reasonable. They installed both the washer and dryer. They have a large selection of various brands of appliances.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:14 PM
fw102807

We replaced all of our kitchen appliances with Frigidaire appliances that we bought at Lowes and have had no complaints.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:35 PM
Default 10% discount for veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I think that Lowes has their own delivery truck and installers, unlike Home Depot. So, I would prefer to buy from Lowes. I have been satisfied with the Whirlpool appliances, and there is a warranty and repair company in Orlando who regularly serves The Villages. It is Fields Appliance. A neighbor had a Samsung washer, and it was almost impossible to get a warranty repair performed.
But you must register at customer service first.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:30 PM
Default Appliances

We found that Costco had the best prices because they include free delivery, set up including hoses and cords as necessary, and free haul away. We looked at Lowe’s, Home Depot and 2 other appliance stores to get an idea of what we wanted. Costco had what we looking for on line.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:19 PM

Huge cult following on Speed Queen washer and dyers...H.D. metal gears, wiring, everything..Have to buy from local mom and pop appliance dealers, first rate warranty, service, no B.S....Waiting for my general contractor grade type, washer and dyer to break down(if they do) This, so when the time comes, buy Speed Queens, and be done with it forever...IMHO..
Old 09-01-2018, 07:33 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagevip View Post
Huge cult following on Speed Queen washer and dyers...H.D. metal gears, wiring, everything..Have to buy from local mom and pop appliance dealers, first rate warranty, service, no B.S....Waiting for my general contractor grade type, washer and dyer to break down(if they do) This, so when the time comes, buy Speed Queens, and be done with it forever...IMHO..
Yes my washer is a Speed Queen and I love it, best washer ever.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:45 PM

We had no luck with Samsung, the oven did never heated up to the set temperature. The french door refrigerator, the seal on the freezer door split and the ice make kept frosting up. Both appliances were only five years old, went to Lowe's and bought Frigidaire, no issues yet.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:05 PM
Veteran member

Appliance Direct on 27/441 just before Leesburg. Good prices, cheaper installation than most. Not a pretty store but it's all about the total price.
Also, Sears in Summerfield (Baylee Plaza?). I have done well with Whirlpool and Sears Kenmore (many made by Whirlpool) over the years. Our Kenmore washer/dryer are over 12 years old -- just one repair ever, on the electric dryer.
Do the research, especially Consumer Reports. Avoid the bells and whistles -- the more gizmos, the more that can go wrong. Ice makers and ice dispensers are perennial problems with many brands.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:26 PM

I know that everyone has a different experience but, a Repair Person fixing a control on my electric range advised against LG and Samsung.
Closed Thread

Tags
recommendations, appliances, kitchen, brand, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.