Reliable Business's

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Reliable Business's

I thought I would pass on that we had some unfortunate damage from the last hurricane and it caused a large damage to the wall in our living room. We called "Doc's Restoration" and they came, assigned a Project Manager to fix/repair the damage. and they took over. We could not be happier ! They sent Gregg and Chris to fix and repair the damage. They all showed up on time, did an outstanding job of fixing the problem and you would not know there had been any damage when they left. The original insurance estimate missed a few things and they re estimated the damage and the insurance payout was increased to cover the missed items.
The bottom line is that in this time of problems with some contractors who serve The Villages it is refreshing to find one that is solid, fair and responsible.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:32 AM
Veteran member

Interesting. My one project with Doc’s put them on my Never Again list. Their bid was higher than others, but their sales pitch was their superior communication, daily updates, weekly schedules, all of which were very important to me. Their assigned project manager (Stacey) refused to communicate anything. We never got a schedule or updates of any type. They ended up taking much longer than promised, and never said why, or hey, we are running behind. At one point, after no one had showed up for a few days and calls were not being returned I had to go down to their show room to find out if they were going to show up again to finish.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:45 AM
fw102807

We just had Harbortown Homes do an extension on our Lanai. We had a detailed estimate, weekly bills, someone here every day and were very happy with the work that was done.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:34 AM
Veteran member

For my latest remodeling project I used Harbortown and I can’t recommend them more. They made great suggestions for changes that really made a huge difference to the overall project and finished ahead of schedule and under estimate. Their work is great, and they don’t charge anything upfront. You don’t pay until after that week’s work is done.
Closed Thread

Tags
damage, missed, insurance, time, things

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.