Massey Lawn Service is TERRIBLE

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2016, 12:00 PM
Default Massey Lawn Service is TERRIBLE

Just a warning to anyone looking for a lawn service. We have had a terrible time with Massey.

They cut our lawn only once in June/July, they are trying to charge us a full months fee for each month. Now out of the blue they are providing false documentation to say they cut every week in June and July and they even list times that say they were here for 30 to 60 minutes each time. We have a small yard, they are never here for more than 10 - 15 minutes.

Trying to get the Manager Ben on the phone is impossible. He does not even answer emails.

Not sure what I can do. They are threatening to send my account to collections.

We fired them at the end of July when they kept no-showing.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:33 PM
Veteran member

I don't use them for mowing, but for pest spraying etc. they usually leave a form/bill spelling out exactly what they have done that day. But no company no matter how diligent they are is ever there for 30 minutes or more unless possibly cutting/trimming bushes.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:34 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

They have an office and I would go there. Never had lawn service but their pest control and lawn fertilizer has been good. Maybe they sub-contract lawn mowing?
Old 10-26-2016, 12:47 PM

We had used them for pest control and lawn fertilization too and had no complaints with those services at all.

It is funny because the service slips that they left in my (when they did cut) do not have times on them but the ones the general manager copied and sent me do have times (in different ink).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
I don't use them for mowing, but for pest spraying etc. they usually leave a form/bill spelling out exactly what they have done that day. But no company no matter how diligent they are is ever there for 30 minutes or more unless possibly cutting/trimming bushes.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:50 PM

We have called, visited and emailed. The GM never met with us until we said we are not paying our bill.

They have one or two lawn crews. We were told my another Massey manager that they were trying to move into the lawn moving area for the last 2 years but they had a manager that did not run the division well and they lost most of their accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
They have an office and I would go there. Never had lawn service but their pest control and lawn fertilizer has been good. Maybe they sub-contract lawn mowing?
Old 10-26-2016, 01:04 PM
Veteran member

They are also more expensive for mowing than anyone else, which is the main reason I didn't go with them for mowing.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,743 Times in 704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE Greenwood View Post
Just a warning to anyone looking for a lawn service. We have had a terrible time with Massey.

They cut our lawn only once in June/July, they are trying to charge us a full months fee for each month. Now out of the blue they are providing false documentation to say they cut every week in June and July and they even list times that say they were here for 30 to 60 minutes each time. We have a small yard, they are never here for more than 10 - 15 minutes.

Trying to get the Manager Ben on the phone is impossible. He does not even answer emails.

Not sure what I can do. They are threatening to send my account to collections.

We fired them at the end of July when they kept no-showing.
Not defending Massey, as we no longer use them for pesticide lawn treatment, but depending on your lawn, many other companies might not have cut weekly, especially given the dry, hot summer we had. In addition, I don't know of any lawn company that doesnt charge the full monthly amount, whether they cut four times a month, or twice (i.e. prorate). My lawn company does not leave an invoice each time they mow, and I can't speak to whether or not its Massey's policy to leave one for mowing. I've dealt with Ben Cox in the past. His number is 352-536-5780. I'm not sure if that's the one you have.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:13 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Not defending Massey, as we no longer use them for pesticide lawn treatment, but depending on your lawn, many other companies might not have cut weekly, especially given the dry, hot summer we had. In addition, I don't know of any lawn company that doesnt charge the full monthly amount, whether they cut four times a month, or twice (i.e. prorate). My lawn company does not leave an invoice each time they mow, and I can't speak to whether or not its Massey's policy to leave one for mowing. I've dealt with Ben Cox in the past. His number is 352-536-5780. I'm not sure if that's the one you have.

Having your lawn mowed weekly when it isn't needed will only damage your lawn. If it's not needed then your service shouldn't cut it!! Yes they all charge a monthly fee no matter how many times they cut. In the winter I bet I cut my maybe twice but still get charged a monthly fee. That's why you only pay around $50 a month.Think of it as $600 a year and pray they're not cutting it unless necessary!!
Closed Thread

Tags
lawn, minutes, massey, july, terrible

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.