"renew" Comcast

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Platinum member
Default "renew" Comcast

Our year of the 3 for special that Comcast offered is almost up. Has anyone been able to extend this offer, or do you have to start all over?
Old 11-23-2010, 08:03 PM

I'd suggest that you get a quote from DirecTV, call Comcast and ask for 'customer retention', get their best price, compare, go with what's better. I've found that customer retention can do magic with prices ... cable TV, cellphones, land-line phones, DSL line for your PC, etc.

Good luck...
Old 11-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Veteran member

I'm feed up with Comcast TV and internet service. I decided to switch to DirecTV. Still looking for internet service. I called Comcast to see how much the internet alone would cost if I went to DirecTV. They offered me a discount and free HBO for 6 months if I stayed with them. I said thanks, but no thanks.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Platinum member

Since there is no contract with Comcast, I will continue with them until I figure out something better. The cost will go up $15 a month when my special year is up.

Some are talking about an aircard or something with Verizon or Sprint, for internet, but I have and iPhone and have to have AT&T. The card sounds good because it travels with you.

I am not unhappy with Comcast, except they have "price creep". Never ends.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Sage

I have an annual conversation with our local cable co. (charter) about their promotional price for new subscribers, as opposed to retaining a subscriber. I usually get bumped to a disconnect agent, who lowers the price to or below the promotion. Has worked every time.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Gold member

When my 1 year was about up on my Comcast triple bundle (HDTV,Internet & Telephone with unlimited long distance service, I contacted them and told them I was not ready to have rates increased. They basically offered me the same package with STARZ in place of HBO and the total price was less than what I had been paying.

I had looked into a triple bundle with Sprint and now Centurylink and after adding all of the boxes for each room and learning I would be required to get their top TV package in order to get Encore (my wife wont settle for any package that does not include Encore) I found the total price close to Comcast's and we still have faster internet connections than with a Telco's DSL.

I find that it's difficult for me to figure an apples-to-apples comparison when looking at alternatives to Comcast's triple Bundle
Old 11-30-2010, 06:45 PM

They are right, I have had Comcast for 14 years now I have be negotiating with them all along, if you don't like the price tell them. I have Sirius radio in my new car and they were the same way. I had 3 months free deal and they told me it would cost 161 and year and I found out the real cost was 77.00 plus taxes. My suggestion is don't take there first offer.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:44 PM

We're snowbirds and use Direct TV for cable and a Virgin Mobil MiFi device for internet. We're very satisfied with Direct Tv and mostly satisfied with the MiFi service from Virgin Mobil. It's not as fast as cable internet, but probably faster than the lowest cost Comcast or DSL services. The major advantage for both of these services is that you can suspend them when you're not here and there's no charge. Net result is that there's a big savings vs using Comcast (even though they lower the rates when you're not here). We may end up dropping our cable service up north and using Direct TV and the MiFi device at our home up there. (The Virgin Mobil service is $40 per month with no contract and you can buy the MiFi device at Wal Mart for about $150.)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.