Furniture Stores?

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Sage
Default Furniture Stores?

We will be furnishing our home next year room by room in preparation for a move in 2012.

Other than Southern Lifestyles what other furniture stores are in the area? I'm not looking for top line stuff. We don't mind going out of the area as long as they deliver to TV.

Your suggestions are appreciated in advance - thanks!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,403 Posts

Blocker's in Ocala.http://www.blockersfurnitureocala.com/
Old 08-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post

Other than Southern Lifestyles what other furniture stores are in the area? I'm not looking for top line stuff. We don't mind going out of the area as long as they deliver to TV.
Russ, I know that you are probably already knowledgeable about the consignment store, Bargains and Treasures. If not, please let me know, and I'll give you detailed information. We furnished our first house with great stuff from B and T .. plus we bought a king-size mattress from Southern Lifestyles.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Eternal Member

Kent Furniture in Belleview. They deliver and will take the old stuff away and give it to the Homes for Habitat.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Ahhh I just love shopping for furniture!

Bargains and Treasures is fun to shop...but you need to go back every couple of days. They told me that they pick up several truck loads of stuff every day. You have to hit it lucky and sometimes you hit it really lucky.

Another place for simple styled white sofa tables and coffee tables is IKEA in Orlando. They are KD but easy to put together.

Also, don't overlook the furniture store near Spanish Springs,also owned by the developer. Showcase Direct, they have good quality furniture but not as expensive as Southern Lifestyles.

If you shop in Bahston and get a good price on something, Southern Lifestyles will probably match it, order it and deliver free.

Babbette's in Leesburg is worth shopping. They have a lot of different recliners and some that are not so old fogey reclinerish. They have a lot of stuff, it is a BIG furniture store.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-14-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Sage

We shopped all over creation and they all delivered:

Kent's in Belleview (free delivery)
White's in Summerfield (free delivery)
Showcase Direct (Spanish Springs) - the other part of Southern Lifestyles (free delivery)
Badcock in Belleview and Fruitland Park
Babette's in Leesburg
Baer's in Altamonte Springs as of two years ago would also deliver to TV...a set fee for one item or several.

As I recall, the Laz-E-Boy Furniture Gallery in Ocala will deliver, as well, as Blockers and Rooms to Go.

There are lots of stores in Altamonte Springs, if you don't mind the drive. If you see something there a local store might represent that mfg. and be able to order it for you. That's what we did with a few items.

Have fun...there's lots to choose from.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Veteran member

Rooms to Go in Leesburg; Haverty's in Altamonte Springs and in Winter Garden (they do deliver to The Villages)

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Veteran member

Russ, besides Southern Life Styles and Showcase Direct, we found American Signature in Altamonte Springs reasonable and deliver to TV twice a week. We bought a sofa, loveseat, and lamps there. Found a blemish on the sofa and they replaced it without question.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Sage

JC Penney - buy at your local store up North and they will deliver to TV (usually at no cost if bought during sales). Deliver only one day a month tho.

We bought a sofa in California on sale for $650 that Southern Lifestyles wanted $1,450 for same unit.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 08-14-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:49 AM

Another vote for Kent's. And they will negotiate. Start at half on the posted price and go from there.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs up

Covered about all the places we looked in.
All have most of the same brands and similar prices.
Actually found some casual pieces in SL that were cheaper than Blockers in Ocala, and Dockside had a table that was more expensive than the same table in Blocker's.

The one thing to keep in mind about Southern Lifestyles and Showcase Direct
is their service.

It is outstanding! And you get the 5% Villager discount.

If nothing else, try to buy your mattresses in one these stores because
they will rotate your mattress whenever it's needed.
Trust me, these new matresses weigh a ton and must be rotated often in the beginning.
They will also help moving and arranging furniture if you need some extra muscle.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Veteran member
Question While we're talking furniture

Does anyone know where to look for bookcases?
Nothing fancy, just plain old 2 or three shelf bookcases.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Russ, we furnished both our homes from craigslist.com.. In the Washington area on the weekend there is 100 new listings an hour. I am sure Boston area is close to the same. So we would search for the items we wanted, go look and when we found what we wanted, buy it. Bring it home and store it in our garage. When we had everything we needed, rented a U-Haul and brought it all down. We did each house for about 5K and that included new mattress from USmattress.com delivered to TV. We did pick up some odds and ends from Bargains and Treasures, purchased area rugs and other items from overstock.com and homedecorators.com.

New furniture loses about 75% of its value when delivered. We were very successful, bought a lot of very high end quality furniture at very reasonable prices.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

We also like Koontz Furniture & Design in Ocala, and for accessories, Foxy Rug & Furniture Galleria in Summerfield. Both have unusual items you don't find in most furniture stores.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Veteran member

Another suggestion: If you can locate an Ashley Furniture store near your home, write down stock numbers. Showcase Direct will order and deliver to your home. I did that with a particular sofa I fell in love with.

We had especially good luck with Showcase Direct and we continue to pick up odds/ends at other stores mentioned. If you are not in a huge hurry, you can try them all. Another good used furniture store is Nearlee New in Leesburg
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.