Replacing pulls and handles on kitchen cabinets

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2017, 05:52 PM
Default Replacing pulls and handles on kitchen cabinets

Any recommendations who to call to install some updated handles on my kitchen cabinets and drawers?
Old 12-20-2017, 06:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,740 Times in 5,254 Posts

As long as the holes on the new pulls and handles will be in the same place as the current ones, this is a very easy do it yourself project. You just need a screw driver.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,159 Times in 2,252 Posts

I agree with above if you can use the same holes. If you cannot, this is another can of worms, filling the old hole, and matching the color of the existing cabinet can be very tricky.
now for your specific question: any of the several handymen in TV can do the replace using the existing holes. If your new hardware cannot use the existing holes, I would contact the Villages Woodworking shop (Rolling Acres Road), and ask for advice as this will take an expert.
If you are going from one hole to 2 hole handles, and can use the EXISTING hole, you can still go with local handymen, the new hole needs to be square and of course in the correct location, fairly easy to do.
One other thought, if your new pulls can be purchased with a decorative plate to cover the old hole this would probably greatly simplify the install.
Hope this helps
Old 12-20-2017, 07:47 PM

We just used "Action Jackson". He's listed in the Daily Sun classified and very good & reasonable.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:35 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

David Wilts did mine
Old 12-20-2017, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I agree with above if you can use the same holes. If you cannot, this is another can of worms, filling the old hole, and matching the color of the existing cabinet can be very tricky.
now for your specific question: any of the several handymen in TV can do the replace using the existing holes. If your new hardware cannot use the existing holes, I would contact the Villages Woodworking shop (Rolling Acres Road), and ask for advice as this will take an expert.
If you are going from one hole to 2 hole handles, and can use the EXISTING hole, you can still go with local handymen, the new hole needs to be square and of course in the correct location, fairly easy to do.
One other thought, if your new pulls can be purchased with a decorative plate to cover the old hole this would probably greatly simplify the install.
Hope this helps
Yes, that’s the problem....will be going from a one hole pull knob to a 2 hole handle. Thanks for your feedback!
Closed Thread

Tags
cabinets, kitchen, handles, drawers, install

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.