Reroof rip offs!

Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2020, 09:05 AM

don't chicken out! put the names out there for all to see
Old 08-30-2020, 09:15 AM

Could you give me the name of your roof inspector. I don't know how to private message you. Can you please private message me with it? Thank you.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:24 AM

agree, if you intent is to offer information that could be of value to others to avoid being taken advantage of then post the name of the company tht has wronged you or you're neighbor. If you have done your homework and are reporting the experience in an unbiased way then why not name names. Not offering names in my opinion could say there are "sour grapes " involved on the posters part. Give the company the opportunity to agree or refute the complaint. Not posting names is another " troll " tactic
Old 08-30-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
Just curious, for $11,999 what was the home model? Great info you shared.
just curious, can you share name /number of certified home inspector?
Old 08-30-2020, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

There has been a roofing frenzy in my area. So I thought what the heck and had a company who had just finished a roof nearby come over for a look. Just paid the deductible for my new roof.
Old 08-30-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
I have been here eight years. I currently own two homes. The one I live in and another rental. The home I live in (six years old) lost some shingles in the hurricane a few years back. We had them replaced by a handyman I have used several times. Recently we lost some more as the house is on a golf course with nothing to block the East wind. I had those replaced.
The rental home is about 13 years old. I recently had a well know roofing contractor from Leesburg inspect both houses. They told me I had issues with the shingles and needed some replaced for $599. They inspected the rental home and said there were soft spots in the roof and I needed a total new roof to the tune of $11,999.00.

This morning I had a certified home inspector I have used before check both homes roofs. It cost me $60 total. I only need a little roof sealant on my personal home on a few shingles and the other rental roof DOES NOT NEED REPLACING. It is a 30 year roof and is only 13 years old. This roofing company (well known) in my mind tried to rip me off. BEWARE of roofers telling you your roof needs replacing and quotes a price. Get a certified inspector before forking over money! If you want names send me a message.
Please send me names of the rip-off roofing contractors to e-mail chasgill@gmail.com
Thanks
Old 08-30-2020, 10:18 AM

Was general contractor for many years. Just retired and house i
purchased had sub par valley flashing. Was melting and running
out at bottom of roof onto sidewalk (no gutters). Our village is having a
lots of roofs being re- done.

If you are concerned call for factory rep and have them check it also.
Old 08-30-2020, 10:29 AM
Veteran member

Speaking of roofs, I see a lot of the roof have black lines along them. What is that and can it be cleaned up?
Old 08-30-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johng59 View Post
just curious, can you share name /number of certified home inspector?
I would like the name of your home inspector, please. Email me at drewd4@aol.com. Thank you!
Old 08-30-2020, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,976 Times in 1,126 Posts
Default Be careful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
There has been a roofing frenzy in my area. So I thought what the heck and had a company who had just finished a roof nearby come over for a look. Just paid the deductible for my new roof.
the new roof haters will be at your door, if an insurance company gives you the ok then thats it , I don’t know why people begrudge other people getting new roof , and please don’t tell me about insurance going up , my bill went down $67 from last year
Old 08-30-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
I have been here eight years. I currently own two homes. The one I live in and another rental. The home I live in (six years old) lost some shingles in the hurricane a few years back. We had them replaced by a handyman I have used several times. Recently we lost some more as the house is on a golf course with nothing to block the East wind. I had those replaced.
The rental home is about 13 years old. I recently had a well know roofing contractor from Leesburg inspect both houses. They told me I had issues with the shingles and needed some replaced for $599. They inspected the rental home and said there were soft spots in the roof and I needed a total new roof to the tune of $11,999.00.

This morning I had a certified home inspector I have used before check both homes roofs. It cost me $60 total. I only need a little roof sealant on my personal home on a few shingles and the other rental roof DOES NOT NEED REPLACING. It is a 30 year roof and is only 13 years old. This roofing company (well known) in my mind tried to rip me off. BEWARE of roofers telling you your roof needs replacing and quotes a price. Get a certified inspector before forking over money! If you want names send me a message.
We have had no less than 8 yes 8 folk, from the SAME Company... call and say we need a new roof.. We dont, its fine, we have had it properly inspected....but they say " well we can make sure that will change" so the Insurance will pay. How do we stop the folk from SOLICITING at our doors. I thought the Villages had a policy for that.
Old 08-30-2020, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan1951 View Post
Can I ask, I am confused, what does the 30 year warranty on our roofs cover? because it seems to me that no matter what the problem it is not covered ??

Nothing
Old 08-30-2020, 11:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
the new roof haters will be at your door, if an insurance company gives you the ok then thats it , I don’t know why people begrudge other people getting new roof , and please don’t tell me about insurance going up , my bill went down $67 from last year

You might want to read the fine print
Old 08-30-2020, 03:06 PM

I’m interested in who you used to check your roof. I’m having some leaking around the a/c vent in the ceiling. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-30-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:

And DO NOT let said 'roof person' talk you i to 'letting him handle everything with you insurance company for you'! That is called ASSIGNMENT OF BENEFITS, and ou are basically signing your house over to this person. DON'T FALL FOR IT!! Do it yourself ...like this person did!!
Closed Thread

Tags
roof, years, home, rental, shingles

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.