Search for Air Conditioning Info

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Default Search for Air Conditioning Info

I am dealing with a warranty repair handled by Sun Kool. The unit is a Trane just over a year old. To troubleshoot the problem the cost was $430. Sun Kool determined the evaporator coil had a leak. Now the part is free BUT it will cost me another $360 to install the evaporator coil.

I need to check out the charges by Sun Kool. Has anyone have warranty issues such as mine??

Does anybody have a reasonable Air Conditioning Company they deal with in TV??
Old 09-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,405 Posts

Munn's
Old 09-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Platinum member

Tried Munn's twice. Too expensive!

I strongly recommend Chuck Farrell of Lady Lake for all heating and AC service. His is a small company, and Chuck's knowledge and experience solved two unusual problems I've had when there were renters in my home. He came within hours of my calls and his prices are very fair.

One of my life goals is to have a handful of best friends. I use that approach with my short list of experts who provide the best service at the best price. Chuck Farrell is my AC/heat guy.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Sage

My A/C in Norcal went out in a hot spell in July, believe it was the coil. Cost $140 for labor and material to trouble shoot, order material and come back next day to fix (in the expensive Bay Area).

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 09-26-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
Tried Munn's twice. Too expensive!

I strongly recommend Chuck Farrell of Lady Lake for all heating and AC service. His is a small company, and Chuck's knowledge and experience solved two unusual problems I've had when there were renters in my home. He came within hours of my calls and his prices are very fair.

One of my life goals is to have a handful of best friends. I use that approach with my short list of experts who provide the best service at the best price. Chuck Farrell is my AC/heat guy.
Can you supply contact information?
Old 09-27-2009, 10:41 AM

Vincents aire is good I have used them. tel #is 352.750.6044

drd
Old 09-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
My A/C in Norcal went out in a hot spell in July, believe it was the coil. Cost $140 for labor and material to trouble shoot, order material and come back next day to fix (in the expensive Bay Area).

Do they have a location in TV???
Old 09-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Platinum member

Chuck Farrell's Air Conditioning & Heating is at 753-9497. By the way, he has been in business over 20 years.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Default ac

Vincents aire is located in Wiersdale

drd
Old 09-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Default Air Conditioning Repair Info

Thanks for all your replys! Here are some of my findings after calling the following companys to diagnose and install a Trane evaporator coil that is located inside the air handler. Part covered by warranty.

Munns (@$850 vs $788) would have been more expensive than Sun Kool.

M & S would have been $550 for the same repair. They claimed it was a flat fee charge. The thing I don't know if they offer the fee after they troubleshoot it.

I really need to talk to Chuck Farrell on the repair. He seems to get a lot of good feedback.

The last thought is to buy a warranty on the unit. Price seems to be @ $800 to $1100 on 10yr parts & Labor. $450 for a 5 yr parts and labor. The thing to remember the warranty starts from installation time. If I knew the hugh charges for labor here (compared to home) I would have gotten the warranty.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:39 PM

Do a search on TOTV. Enter the word "coil" or "Trane" and look at the several posts about Trane A/C evaporator coils failing very early in their life. I'm convinced Trane made these units with sub-standard parts. It cost Trane very little to give a replacement coil to the installer compared to what it cost use for the labor. Shouldn't Trane be made to halp pay the labor cost since it was their choice to use an inferior part?
It seems there are two kinds of Trane units....those that have failed and those that will fail. Also, I've heard of people who had the evaporator coil replaced only to have the new coil fail in a year. What about everyone going to this webpage and making them aware of this ongoing problem?

Florida Class Action.com http://www.lawfirms.com/consultation...rea=litigation

I went to Consumer Protection area for WWW.floridaclassaction.Com and sent my info. It cost nothing.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.