In search of info & reviews of medical marijuana dispensaries in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2021, 04:28 PM
Default In search of info & reviews of medical marijuana dispensaries in The Villages

Anyone here a customer (sorry, I mean "patient") at a medical marijuana dispensaries in The Villages area? I'm only aware of Trulieve and Surterra Wellness, are there any other dispensaries within a 20 mile radius? I'm specifically referring to dispensaries where you can buy product, i.e., "medicine", NOT clinics and doctors offices where you can get your medical marijuana card.

Are prices, selection, or product quality pretty much the same at both dispensaries, or do you find one better than the other?

Asking for a friend...
Old 01-11-2021, 09:06 PM

There is one in Creekside at Lake Sumpter. Just except to bring lots of money because the whole thing is a money grab. It’s ridiculous that Marijuana is acknowledged/legal as a medical expense but no insurance companies will help you pay for all the costs.

Instead the insurance companies would rather pay for the millions of anxiety (benzodiazepines) and Opiates which are extremely addictive and dangerous. It’s no secret that millions of people started on some prescribed narcotic pills and now there so addictive and so expensive people have turned to the streets for their fix.

Sorry for the rant but the way they implemented medical Marijuana is one big joke. Who knows with the Dems in full control we might actually see federal legalized recreational Marijuana.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

MMJ
Old 01-12-2021, 08:01 AM

Do a Google search and find all the dispensaries listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyD View Post
Anyone here a customer (sorry, I mean "patient") at a medical marijuana dispensaries in The Villages area? I'm only aware of Trulieve and Surterra Wellness, are there any other dispensaries within a 20 mile radius? I'm specifically referring to dispensaries where you can buy product, i.e., "medicine", NOT clinics and doctors offices where you can get your medical marijuana card.

Are prices, selection, or product quality pretty much the same at both dispensaries, or do you find one better than the other?

Asking for a friend...
Old 01-12-2021, 08:25 AM
Gold member

I use Liberty Health on 441 in the Baylee Plaza. They offer all services and usually have daily discounts on various items. I've never seen it crowded, you pull up in your car and they come out to you.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 01-12-2021, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingjunior View Post
There is one in Creekside at Lake Sumpter. Just except to bring lots of money because the whole thing is a money grab. It’s ridiculous that Marijuana is acknowledged/legal as a medical expense but no insurance companies will help you pay for all the costs.

Instead the insurance companies would rather pay for the millions of anxiety (benzodiazepines) and Opiates which are extremely addictive and dangerous. It’s no secret that millions of people started on some prescribed narcotic pills and now there so addictive and so expensive people have turned to the streets for their fix.

Sorry for the rant but the way they implemented medical Marijuana is one big joke. Who knows with the Dems in full control we might actually see federal legalized recreational Marijuana.
There is no pee in Lake Sumter.

The most prescribed medication for anxiety in the country is Zoloft and it has no tendency to be addictive.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There is no pee in Lake Sumter.

The most prescribed medication for anxiety in the country is Zoloft and it has no tendency to be addictive.
I disagree with you on that, my doctor has been trying to get me off of Zoloft for almost a year, the physical withdrawal symptoms are terrible. I’m on day 10 of being off Zoloft and finally feeling human again. I’ve been using medical marijuana for almost 2 years now and there’s no side effects to them. Except for maybe extra trips to the fridge.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

i've been to several dispensaries here, but trulieve is by far the better quality. the only problem is the location itself -it's way too small, which is why you always see an overflow crowd assembled. i tried liberty for almost a year, but i felt the quality was lacking. *medical weed is not what we all remember smoking @ the Dead shows. it's a targeted approach for people who can or will not be addicted to opiates for the remainder of their lives. it's for people whose pain isn't going to go away,..ever, in fact, just progresses until the end of days. my dr. helped me find a solution to quality living while still being able to care for hubby, do chores, run a household & even care for the pets. i just found out i need what would be in layman's terms, a 'new spine.' it seems every 6-8years i loose a disc., & the whole damn fusion needs to be removed & replaced. this will be my 3rd time, & i am allergic to opiates.
when i go to the dispensary, i see many people of many ages, some obviously going thru chemo or God knows what debilitating treatment. we know we are being judged by others, but it's ok...we gladly trade a few minutes of relief for that, so we can have 'somewhat' normal lives...like they used to be...

and this now brings us to the ever popular thread of 'never ride your bicycle in the road,...'
Old 01-18-2021, 06:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzerbaby View Post
I disagree with you on that, my doctor has been trying to get me off of Zoloft for almost a year, the physical withdrawal symptoms are terrible. I’m on day 10 of being off Zoloft and finally feeling human again. I’ve been using medical marijuana for almost 2 years now and there’s no side effects to them. Except for maybe extra trips to the fridge.
dittos on zoloft--can't get off it after 30+years
Old 01-18-2021, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I've been interested in medical marijuana for a while now but when I went to see if I qualified I found that the cost of the doctor was and the card $350. The I was looking as $150 to $200 a month for the product I opted out.

I did go through the whole process and thought it looked very suspicious. You fill out a lot of paperwork then, some woman who is not a nurse as far as I could tell sits you down and goes over all of the product available. The the doctor comes in and spends about two minutes with you to tell you that you've qualified with no proof whatsoever. I qualified based on what I told him. I got the impression that I could have told him anything and he would have qualified me.

It was not until after all this that I was told that the cost of this visit was $350 pule the cost of the card. When I objected, the woman that I spoke with said, that they didn't have to send in the application so I told her not to and walked out.

What I don't understand about this is whether or not the effects last after the drug has worn off. In other words, I'm told that the "high" would last for about two hours. Do I feel the pain again after the two hours? Do I have to take this every two hours?

I have a few friends that are on it and I've noticed that they are having memory problems that they didn't have before they began this treatment. One tells me that the gets high two or three times a day. I thought that it was odd that the refers to it as getting high.

I've tried CBD oil and it did nothing for me. I medical marijuana any different?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-18-2021, 02:59 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I have a few friends that are on it and I've noticed that they are having memory problems that they didn't have before they began this treatment. One tells me that the gets high two or three times a day. I thought that it was odd that the refers to it as getting high.

I've tried CBD oil and it did nothing for me. I medical marijuana any different?
Back in the day the high school and college students I knew who started smoking marijuana changed. Their appearance became disheveled; they seemed to lose their ambition and drive; their memory appeared to be adversely affected and their grades slipped.

If I had glaucoma or was on chemo I might try "medical" pot is as I understand it can reduce pressure within one's eyes and alleviate nausea due to chemo. There might be some other conditions it may help alleviate. I do not know.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 01-18-2021, 03:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,079 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingjunior View Post

It has nothing to do with the Insurance Companies. Insurance is only available on drugs approved by the FDA. The problem is the pharmaceutical companies, who spend millions of lobbying dollars to keep medical marijuana out of FDA trials because they know medical marijuana would ultimately end up replacing many of their very profitable addictive drugs that they have patent protection on. When in doubt, follow the money and you will find the answers.
Closed Thread

Tags
dispensaries, medical, marijuana, product, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.